Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rebate Settlement Accounting Postings

TAitchison
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello

I am configuring extended rebate agreements. In order to handle the rebate accruals, i have set up G/L account and provision account, maintained my price procedure with appropriate account key and accrual key. Accruals work fine as follows

DEBIT G/L ACCT 420050

CREDIT ACCRUAL 122555

My issue is with settlement...partial or final. I am using t-code rbt_enh_v7 to create the settlement docs. I want the accounting to be like this

DEBIT ACCRUAL 122555

CREDIT PAYER CUSTOMER

If i set the agreements to always correct, my accounting on both partial and final settlements is

DEBIT ACCRUAL 122555

CREDIT G/L 420050

DEBIT G/L 420050

CREDIT PAYER CUSTOMER

If i set my agreements to never correct, then i effect the partial settlement where

DEBIT G/L 420050

CREDIT PAYER CUSTOMER

And then the accruals are reversed with the final settlement.

Is there any way to set configuration so that when i settle, i simply debit accrual and credit customer without first reversing to the expense account or am i locked into this method of accounting with rebates?

Best regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Can you specify the example with amount?

To me:

"If i set the agreements to always correct, my accounting on both partial and final settlements is 

DEBIT ACCRUAL 122555

CREDIT G/L 420050

DEBIT G/L 420050

CREDIT PAYER CUSTOMER"

this serves your purpose since the same GL account is getting debited and credited so effect should be nil and net entry is what you want.

Regards,

Naveen Aggarwal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am facing the same problem,the only changes is that am not using the Ext.Rebate Agreements but the standard Reb. agreement.

The accrual entry seems to wrong at the time of monthly settlement.

If you had find something kindly let me know.

Satish