cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it really normal to use RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM for exporting ALL info?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As I understand, the conception of integration between SAP NW IdM and SAP HCM is to schedule a background job that executes a program RPLDAP_EXTRACT_IDM for exporting personal info of all users.

I guess it is quite strange to export all users every 10 minutes for example, even if only one employee's info was changed.

The most expectable approach would be to export only delta info for only those users that were changed since last synchronization.

I would like to know if it's a really standard way to achieve integration from SAP HCM to SAP NW IdM, whether it was designed to be so by the SAP product management / development teams.

Many thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

as far as I can remember there is a checkbox for delta export, so that only the changes will be exported.

Best regards

Holger

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yeah, I see that there is "Delta Download" option, and that does the job more effectively. Thanks

But there are also way to transmit data from HCM to IdM using SAP PI

For example, there are three articles on [How To synchronize data from SAP HCM to SAP NetWeaver Identity Center using SAP PI |http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8785] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

And I am a bit confused which way is recommended, or what criteria for choosing between LDAP reporting and using SAP PI.

Whether LDAP reporting ensures something like guaranteed delivery in case of communication problems and similar problems between HCM and IdM? Any other points to concern?