Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Provisioning Framework ModifyUser task not triggered by uIS_SetValue

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have linked the SAP Provisioning Framework Global Event task ModifyUser to our MX_PERSON Entry Type's 'Modify' event task.

This ModifyUser task is correctly invoked when a person is modified via the UI or a To Identity Store Pass.

However, when changing an attribute value for an MX_PERSON entry via a To Generic pass inside a script using the DSE internal function uIS_SetValue, this does not appear trigger the SAP Provisioning Framework Global Event Task ModifyUser.

Example: set MX_DISABLED via the UI, the ModifyUser task is triggered. set MX_DISABLED via a To Identity Store pass and the ModifyUser task is triggered. However, set MX_DISABLED inside a generic pass script and the ModifyUser task is not triggered.

Is this expected behaviour? Do we need manually trigger the ModifyUser task using the internal function uProvision following the uIS_SetValue if the attribute value is changing and we want the MX_PERSON Modify Event to be triggered?

Thanks

Paul

0 Kudos

Eight years later and this issue is still present. Re-working a job right now to accommodate this bug. Has anyone heard if there is intent to resolve or a way to still accomplish this logic using JavaScript?

former_member358098
Participant

bechardtm , we have made incident earlier about this issue and SAP confirmed that this is expected behavior and not going to be changed.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member201064
Active Participant

Luckily this has stayed the same over all the versions. Else it would've broken so much in the past.

A parameter might really make sense. I'd suggest to put both, uIS_SetValue and uProvision in a script and then use that script instead of the uIS_SetValue (actually I do the opposite). Similar to what the good old 7.1 sap_modifyUser script did.

0 Kudos

Upon further reading this is considered the designed behavior by SAP. I would much prefer a parameter that allowed me to flag whether the event is triggered.

https://help.sap.com/viewer/4773a9ae1296411a9d5c24873a8d418c/8.0/en-US/a9b528c05aae43418c9abe6465c81...

For performance reasons and to avoid deadlocks in the database, no entry event tasks are started, and it is not verified that the attribute is unique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

this is not the normal behaviour. The Modify Task should be triggered as well when using the uIS_SetValue command. Are yu sure that you executed the command correctly? Did you check that the changes were written into the database?

Best regards

Holger

paul_abrahamson_sap
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I logged this with SAP and they have said that there is a known issue that this doesn't work i.e. setting an attribute in a To Genric pass using uIS_SetValue is not triggering the MX_PERSON modify event tasks.

Their workaround is to use a To Identity Store Pass to set the attribute value.

This may prove rather challening for us, but we'll need to see how difficult this will be to achieve. The trouble is that the Task framework doesn't support the same range of flow logic control such as loops that can be achieved in a JavaScript.