cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modify SDM port - Web AS Java

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am new to portal administration and have recently finished a homogenous system copy from a Netweaver7.0 SP23 quality sytem to a development system, where in the host already has another instance installed. This old instance's SDM port is 50018. Another installed instance is also using 50018.

By any chance, can we change/ configure port number for the new instance?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Regards,

Anupama

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny's Right ..........

If Both the Systems have Different Instane Numbers , you dont need to Change the SDM Port .

Just in case, you wanna try it out , @ OS Level , navigate to Path /usr/sap/<SID>/JC<instance_number>/SDM/program

Note the Content of the File localsdmgui.properties .

You can find the Property "workingPort" in that File and Change it to the Required Port .

Also , Could you Please Give a Snapshot of the /usr/sap/<SID> Filesyatem .

Regards,

Ashish .A. Poojary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny, Juan,

Thanks a lot for the response. I am new to portal administration, hence was not aware of the fact that SDM port by default is

5(instance number)18. So if 2 instances are to be installed in the same host they should have different instance number.

Both the instances have different instance numbers, so this means that i dont need to change the SDM port...

Thanks to both of u for the help!

Regards,

Anupama

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have installed both the system with different system numbers then automatically port number for SDM should be different. Then there is no need to change port for SDM. And then SDM should run.

Are you still facing prolem with SDM ? If yes, can you please paste SDM log from SDM log directory.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Both the instances have different instance numbers, so this means that i dont need to change the SDM port.

Yes, you don't have to change the port but you do need to call the right port when calling the URL 5XX18

Regards

Juan

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You shouldn't have 2 instances with the same system number (5XX18) in the same box. I would remove and redo the Homogeneous System Copy pointing to a different system number.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

Yes, the system numbers are different for both the instances. But how is system number related to the port used by SDM ??

We already have this king of setup in another test system done already some time back. Please elaborate. We can have two instances in same host. We need to have different databases for them.

Please check the below pasted link for this.

Regards,

Anupama

Edited by: AnupamaD on Mar 21, 2011 1:21 PM

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SDM uses the port number like 5<instance number>18.

So, if you have 2 system on same host with same instance number then SDM will not run for both systems at same time.

Thanks

Sunny

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Beside the problem with SDM, the rest of your ports will be already taken by the previous Java system, which effectively leave your new system useless.

You can certainly have more than 1 system in a box but NOT with the same system number.

By the way the links you posted are irrelevant to your question

Regards

Juan