cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Incorrect Configuration/ Working of Value Mapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have two scenarios JMS -> PI -> IDOC and JMS -> PI -> JMS. I will receive JMS-Sender specific number in the header portion and then I have to map the SNDPRN value in the IDOC; also depending on this Number the value of a header field in the target JMS should be populated.

As the request can come from multiple JMS Sending applications I thought of using Value Mapping (/people/community.user/blog/2007/01/08/valuemapping-using-the-graphical-mapping-tool). I made the required configurations in ESR and ID:

Root_Node -> GetJMSHeaderUDF -> ValueMapping -> SNDPRN

Value Mapping --> sender - SenderParty (ALE#KU); receiver - ReceiverParty (ALE#LS)

In ID:

SenderService_XYZ           SAP_ECC        Group
3900156                    1234567890      Num

But when I run the interface I get value in SNDPRN as 3900156 (ideally it should be 1234567890). What could be the reason?

Similar thing happens when JMS -> PI -> JMS scenario is executed.

Thanks

Pankaj.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

A couple of things here Pankaj.

1. If the number of such mappings is not much and if there are fairly static then you can go for FIXVALUE.

2. If you have to use Value mapping only then usually such error comes when the input does not meet the mapping criterion (when you define mapping failure behaviour as USE KEY while using value mapping.)..Just check for any spaces in the input value/mapping,,Use text function: trim before passing the input to value mapping.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Puneet,

There are around 12 messages (may increase in future) which can come from JMS and need to be passed to SAP system. All having the unique Number and corresponding value for SNDPRN of the IDOC. I want to re-use the same mapping for multiple sender JMS systems and hence thought of Value Mapping. Also reason is that if there is any addition in the JMS sender then I do not have to change the mapping (FixValue).

I will check for the point 2 which you mentioned; however I doubt there are any spaces.

Thanks

Pankaj.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok...i understand your logic for not going with Fixvalues and thats why i said, if your mappings are fairly static.

about the 2nd point: I am sure it happens when the input doesnt satisfy the value mapping condition. I would recommend a couple of things here:.

1. Use a TRIM

2. Try testing the value mapping in the message mapping itself and then check the Queues.

Answers (0)