Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot without referance of material code

former_member263130
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello all SAP masters,

Below is scenario we have here:

At some plant they have REM scenario. Here they donu2019t have material code for finish material, in PP they will have do backflush components and receive and dispatch sub-assemblies instead of finish product as that code will not be available in system. The reason for not defining finish product in SAP is very high number for variants and even they receive order from customer in terms of component combination and not in term of finish product.

Example: Product A has component A1 and B1, component A1 is sub-assembly in itself and has component A2 and B2. So at the end of production line, as no finish product (product A here) is defined in system, they will GI for component B1, A2 and B2 and do receipt of A1 and will dispatch that.

So, issue for QM is no product code (in this example finish product code is A) and hence no order/production version to generate inspection lot. But business wants to record quality data during in-process as well as end-of-line for finish product A which they actually dispatch even thogh it is not mentained in system. One work around can be to create inspection lot without material code and do result recording under that. But I am not sure if its possible at all and if yes then how a inspection lot can be created without referance of material code.

I hope I was clear about issue but incase if any other information is required then let me know.

Any feedback from all you masters there to resolve this will be great help

Thanks and regards,

Devang Shah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

To answer one question, you cannot create an inspectionk lot without a material number. Period. End of story.

I guess the issue us what product(s) are you actually invoicing you customers? What ever that is would be what you should probably be doing your inspections against but I'm not 100% sure I totally got your scenario. You say finish product A is sent to the customer but isn't maintained in the system. So I'm assuming you invoice and bill against all the sub-components. It might be that you should consider a type 10 inspection for inspection at delivery. But this would again use the components material numbers.

It really sounds like you should be using a make-to-order scenario. Then you could maintain material "A" and it would be made according to what sub components and assemblies are selected by the person placing the order. Than you can create an 04 lot based on the required characteristics for each sub component and assembly.

FF