Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to divided Main view into three sub views

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Friends,

Requirement : i have created four views, 1. Main View 2. search View 3. Display View 4. Update View

Now i have to show all the sub views in one view that is in Main View.

Can some tell me how to 1. How divide one view into two vertical views and 2. how to divided second half view into two horizontal views. if any quires please let me know

Note : High Priority

Thanks in Advance

Sankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shankar,

i think u can solve ur problem by using UI element 'ViewContainerUIElement'. You can declare 3 different 'ViewContainerUIElement' for each view and adjust the layout according to your requirment . Load each view into ViewContainerUIElement.

Regards,

Shaira.

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

We use View Containere UI element to display one view in other view, but now my prob is how to divide view into three parts as mentioned above

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sankar,

By using VIEW UI Element Container, you can't display 4 views at a time. At a time main view is displayed.

As of my understanding..You can do like this..

In main view on left side create 3 link to actions or urls.. and create 3 more views with plugs and navigation links.

If you select/click first LINK display 2nd view.. select 2nd link display view3 .. and so on.

Hope it wil helps.

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi shankar,

1. Create 3 ViewContainerUIElement.

2. Change the Layout of the RootUIELementContainer to MatrixLayout.

3. Select the first ViewContainerUIElement and change the following property

valine = top

width = 50%

4. Create a Group and select the layout to Matrix layout.

5. move the other 2 ViewContainerUIElement to this GROUP and change the Layout to MatrixHeadData.

Regards ,

Shaira.

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi kIssnas,

As per my requirement i cannot use links, i have taken three view container UI elements, to display three views in Main View.

1. I have to display search criteria options on left side and based on search criteria data should be displayed on right half upper side in a ALV table and the selected record info should be displayed in the right half lower side i.e below the alv table.

Hope you understood my requirement now.

Regards

Sankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sankar,

Ya no need to use links or urls, i am just giving example.

BAsed on any condition you can display remaining views. example doing an action or by selecting a value like that.

tell what exactly you want to display on what basis.??

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kissnas,

let me know how to divide a view into two vertical and one half into two horizontal views.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not getting what you asking exactly.

I think you want to display your views vertical and horizontly right??

If yes.. First set root element as mattrix layout. and use transparent container to divide vertical and horizontal.

i mean in TC place all or 2 views according to your requirement. if required create 1 more TC.

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

but how to divide them vertically, i mean i want to sepearte VC1 vertical and VC2 and VC3 with Horizontal line.

Note: View should appear like three boxes placed in one view

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thats means VC1 at top, and VC2 and VC3 under VC1 right.

If you want to do like this.. set ROOTELEMENTCONTAINER to matrix layout.

set VC1 to matrix head data.

set VC2 to matrix head data.

set VC3 to matrix data.

Now you get at top VC1 under this side by side VC2 and VC3.

Hope it solves..

Cheers,

Kris.

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

hi shankar,

I hope u have change the Layout of rootUIElementCointainer to Matrix layout.

and Change the property of VC1 --> width to 50%. (for vertical separation)

Place the VC2 and VC3 in a Group .

Change the layout property of group to matrix layout.

Change the layout property of VC2 and VC3 to MatrixHeadData. (for horizontal separation)

If u want to display it in a box , i think u can Change the CellBackgroundDesign to border

Regards

Shaira

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaira,

Hi its working fine, but i need to shown a seperator between the views. How can i add a line like a seperator between views.

Regards

Sankar

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try by giving the property CellBackgroundDesign of VC1 to fill1, VC2 to Fill2 and VC3 to fill3. this will give different back ground for each VC. so we can make separation. i am not sure about that this will match your requirement.

you can give horizontal lines by using Horizontal Gutter ui element in between VC.

Regards

Shaira

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shaira,

my requirement has been solved, but small change in requirement, i have asked to use contextual panel. is it possible if so can u give me some info

Regards

Sankar

former_member389677
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

You can create a contextual panel and inside this create FREE_CONTEXTUAL_AREA . inside FREE_CONTEXTUAL_AREA you can create VIEW_CONTAINER_UIELEMENT.

Regards,

Shaira

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sankar,

The contextual panel is a UI element like any other.Once you insert the ContextualPanel UI element, you can insert child UI elements of FreeContextualArea, NavigationList, and ViewSwitch.

For Contextual Panel.. please check WDR_TEST_EVENTS.

And read sap help..

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/28/fe5a42091de32ce10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm

Cheers,

Kris.

Edited by: kissnas on Mar 22, 2011 10:01 AM

former_member222068
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you guys, Problem has been solved.

Regards,

Sankar

Answers (0)