cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SOST error 802 - emails not being sent as recipient unknown

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Similar issue has been posted earlier but suggested solutions are not solving my problem.

When user sends mail (having .xls attachment) to XXX@YYY .com (an external email id), the email is being sent.

When the user tries sending a similar mail again, the mail ends with error 802 (recipient unknown error) for SAME recipient.

The mails are being sent sometimes but sometimes they end with above error.

When I try re-sending failed email, it sends out successfully.

Can you please throw some light on this as to why emails are failing only sometimes?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

The issue got resolved. we had a new application server added in sysem.

Whenever the mails were being sent from CI/old app servers they went successfully but whenever they were sent via new app server they were failing. Hence, from top view we could see that sometimes emails were transmitting successfully to same email ids while sometimes they were failing.

Solution --- At exchange server, we got new application server IP address added to the relay settings and then it started working fine.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anisha,

I'm facing the same issue. Please help on this and kindly suggest necessary steps to be taken.

Thanks......

Former Member
0 Kudos

What does the trace show? (/nSCOTT, Utilities --> Overview of send orders. Select message and click Trace)

Trace usually shows exactly what is going on. Sometimes it could be as simple as that a anti-spam software on the mail relay rejecting the message makes it fail intermittently.

Regards,

Kuriakose

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Imtiaz,

Note 1496168 talks about relay error but my error is not related to relay rejection.

Note 931596 is for error XS806 but I receive error XS802.

The error in my case says -

The message from the node could not be delivered to recipient <email id> as the recipient is unknown

But the regular solutions are not working in this case because sometimes emails are transmitted successfully while sometimes they fail. Also, if i manually reprocess the failed msgs, they process without errors.

Thanks.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether mail send job is running regularly or not.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Yes, I have checked and the job is running regularly (frequency - 3 mins). The the job log doesnu2019t show any warnings/errors as well.

In addition, the SO16/SCOT settings are fine because the emails donu2019t fail daily, they fail sometimes and process successfully when you resend them.

Thanks.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sounds like a bug, is your SP's, kernel up to date?..

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes... we are on kernel patch level 111

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you find the solution for your problem?

I am facing a similar problem which shows me exactly the same error message.

But to internal e-mail address the program works fine, it doesn't work only for external e-mail adress. I.e.: @gmail, @hotmail and etc.

Thanks,

ashish_vikas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ricardo,

Can you please check this settings in SCOT :

SCOT > Your Node(SMTP or..) > Internet SET > Address Area.

For testing u may put * here and see if it works. Late put *@gmail if working.

thnx

ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

My issue was different, my mails were sometimes being delivered to external and sometimes not.

If you are have issue with sending mails to ANY (gmail/hotmail etc) external email address try following -

Goto tcode SO16 (Shared Office Settings)

In "Send" Tab, all the "send restrictions" should be UNchecked.

In "Addressing" Tab -

UNcheck/UNmark 'Addresses from LDAP Service'

Check/Mark 'Organizational Units'

Check/Mark 'SAP Business Objects'

This should work.

Please confirm back if this solves your problem.

Thanks.

ImtiazKaredia
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check if below notes help

1496168 - Error XS802 / XS829 - relay problem while sending mails through SAPconnect using SMTP plug-in

931596 - Recipient is missing in synchronous status message