SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Meter Reading Reversal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There is Device technically installed to a Device location on 19.03.2011. There is Meter reading on the device on 20.03.2011 with meter reading reason '08' Reading at technical installation.

I want to reverse the technicall installation but I need to reverse the reading first. TCode EL37 is not allowing me to reverse the read with reading reason as '08'. It says using wrong business transaction.

Please help.

Thanks,

Nidhi

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

EG50 is the transaction is to technical reversal which should automatically reverse the meter readings.

Regards,

Yuvi.

0 Kudos

Hi Yuvi,

I was using EG50 for Technical Reversal with activity date as 19.03.2011. However, it gives error "MR already exists after this activity date" as there is meter reading result on 20.03.2011.

If I try to reverse MR first using EL37, It does not allow me and gives error that for MR reason 08 this is not the correct business transaction for reversal. Are there any other T Codes for MR reversal ?

Thanks,

Nidhi

0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

You cant reverse 08 reading with EL37. In this case, i would reverse tech installation and do it again.

Hope this helps.

0 Kudos

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

Any reason why you want to reverse the Meter reading ?

If you have just done the technical installation and now want to reverse the technical installation for that device location,

execute Transaction Code EG51 (Reverse Technical Installation )

inputs are device location,device and start date.

hope it helps.

regards,

Rakesh..

0 Kudos

Hi Rakesh,

User did some changes in the Data but now they want it as original again.

User also does not remember how and what changes they made.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Nidhi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

There is no need to reverse the meter reading at installation time, when you do a reveral of Technical Installation.

However, can you please confirm the following:

When the device was installed on 19.03.2011, using T Code eg33, how come the reading date at technical installation is showing date 20.03.2011.

Also, it will not let you reverse the Technical Installation of the device on a later date than it was technically installed.

In this case you can go for Technical Removal EG36 of the device, however this will create a time stamp for the duration the device was installed at the initial location.

Hope this helps.

kathy_rubens
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nidhi,

I suggest that you view the change documents to determine what steps the user took and the data they entered. Use transaction code IQ03 to view the device. Then click on the "Dev. Changes" button. It will show the user ID, transaction code, transaction date and time and the changed data.

You should be able to use this data to reverse the steps the user took.

I hope this helps.

Kathy