cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Encoding error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

We are facing an encoding issue in one of the PI interface. PI -> WEB SERVICES ( BPM) then the other interface is inserting the fetched data from web server into DB using JDBC adapter.There is one field name " Digicel Antilles Fran�aise Guy" which has a character Francaise. There is one more character beneath the character C.

I have implemented the suggestions provided in the various blogs but it did not help my issue.

Anyone, please help me out.

Thanks

Veeru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Veeru,

I can say you have many alternatives to fix this

1. To change the encoding parameter at adapter level

2. To change the encoding parameter at Visual Administer level

3. You can write a small Unix script (db level) and you can remove that junk

4. In graphical mapping you can replace that special junk with any value

Work out on these alternatives.

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have tried at the adapter level but it did not work.

Could you please explain me how to erase that character by the mapping? Do i need to write a UDF or it can be achieved by graphical mapping itself?

Rgds

Veeru

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Veeru,

I just have tested with your � special junk in mapping, with the standard node function replaceValue. Its working fine.

Go ahead with this.

If that does not work out then you can write a simple UDF

Regards

Pothana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Expert,

This is my input XML

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?>

<ns0:listUpdatedDevicesResponse xmlns:ns0="http://service.datafeed.ws.palm.com/">

<return change_type="a,c,s" requested_count="25000" response_count="10325" since="2011-02-28 09:48:47" start="25000" current_time="2011-02-28 16:00:33">

<devices>

<device account_id="2384445" carrier="Digicel Antilles Fran�aise Guy" device_id="MEID:A100000B88047D" email="jessea" first_activation_date="2010-08-30 22:32:08" first_area_code="570" id="2366830" last_activity_date="2011-02-28 14:41:16" last_activity_type="a" model_id="118" primary_flag="1" serial_number="P8V20CG989AJ" webos_version="1.40.50" /></devices>

</return>

</ns0:listUpdatedDevicesResponse>

This is one record but there will be many records in a file.I have to only handle for the carrier= Digicel Antilles Fran�aise Guy. If other carrier comes then pass as it is. The value � replaces by 'c'

I have tried your method but its not working.

Please help me out.

Rgds

Veeru

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

when your XML is corrupt, then you must fix the issue on sender site.

Do not remove or replace the french character, this does not make any sense at all.

former_member472138
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Stephen advised, its a bad practice to replace the French character. What you can do is, import your XML and change the ENCODING from UTF-8 to required ENCODING and use this as External Definition. This definitely will work out for you.

The only thing that you need to do is - to identify matching encoding.

Regards

Pothana

Answers (0)