cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What logs are effected by "Ignore Time Stamp in Client Messages " rule?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We're considering whether we can set "Ignore Time Stamp in Client Messages" system rule to false.

Now we're implementing 2 functionality and use them at the same time.

One is to change equipment status immediately and log the record to RESOURCE_TIME_LOG table.

The other is to log equipment status change reason code. That's recorded into PRODUCTION_COMMENT table.

We already find "Ignore Time Stamp in Client Messages" system rule. It's explained in HELP site like following and plan to set it to false.

=====

true: Ignores time stamps from the client during validations for starts, completes, nonconformances, and parametric data. Use this rule in cases such as when the client clock does not match the rest of the system (the client clock is "out of synch").

false (default): Uses time stamps during validations

Can override at: site, resource

=======

However, we're a little confused becasue above help says the default value is false and the default value in our customer's ME is true. When we try with the rule as true, these time stamps are sometimes different. (I guess the reason, these tables can't handle smaller time than 1 second.)

Which ME tables will be effected if we set "Ignore Time Stamp in Client Messages" to false?

As I mentioned, we'd like to set equal time stamp into There're RESOURCE_TIME_LOG and PRODUCTION_COMMENT.

In the other hand, we concern the rule may make bad effect with other functionality and/or tables (e.g. PRODUCTION_LOG, ACTIVITY_LOG , and so on).

Best Regards,

Takahiro Uesugi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Takahiro,

From the beginning the system rule was introduced with default value of Fasle which was described in the online help. However, later the customers started using XML Production Interface more intensively which caused the problem of data inconsistency due to abuse of timestamp fields and sending messages with delays and not in chronological order. The solution in that case was to switch the rule on. And sicne that time the default value has been changed to True.

So, the system rule should control timestamp fields of XML Production requests where the actual time of activity execution is specified

Regards,

Sergiy.

Answers (0)