cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales Order Stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

While I gather the theoretical meaning of sales order stock as a type of external special stock, how do I ensure that sales order stock is delivered from the warehouse as initially confirmed - guaranteed to date and qty. Is it by maintaining special stock in another storage location or a stock type. Any other controls ?.

How does system normal stock distinguished from special stock say in a storage bin.

How is special stock taken into ATP qty calculations

Regards,

L

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath,

guaranteed to date and qty

I am not sure what you mean here. In this life in general, and in business management in particular, there are no guarantees, so that is out of the question. What types of assurances are you looking for?

Is it by maintaining special stock

Yes

in another storage location

not required, but possible

or a stock type

yes

How does system normal stock distinguished from special stock say in a storage bin

StgBin can contain both MTO and non-MTO quants side by side. ID is definitely carried in the Quant. In LS24, you will see the special stock indicator 'E'. In LS03N when you are displaying a Bin which has MTO stock, the Quant it will show the special stock indicator and in the next field 'special stock number' you will probably see the sales order/item number.

How is special stock taken into ATP qty calculations

ATP uses the unique MTO segments when selecting requirements and supply elements. In a nutshell, MTO ATP can only check the relevant MTO elements (relevant to one and only one sales order/item). ATP for an unrestricted requirement cannot 'see' these elements, and cannot make use of them in confirming an unrestricted order. Not only is Stock managed separately, but also supply orders, such as planned or production or purchase orders.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49

I should have mentioned that I am still talking on MTS scenario (crazy it sounds though) atleast in the system. It so happens that though I am make to anonymous demand, I sometimes tweak "something" (not accounted for as a characteristic) in manufacturing to make a special variant for a customer (e.g. roast it a bit more, or leave it a little raw, make it fluffy and such). The purpose then is to lock these stocks for that paricular customer.. Remember he hasnt placed an order yet. I am still talking of MTS ATP segment here and the need for customer special stock. Is this whats done with movement type 412E.. I havent dirtied my hands on it yet but trying to get a deeper sense on how SAP will support such a thing. Prima facie it sounds stupid though to expect... given there is no guarantee with an ATP check or even with a reservation

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath,

A given material can be planned under both MTS and MTO using dual MRP strategies (assign two or more MRP strategies to a single MRP strategy group), but it is usually quite a headache for planners. However, any MTO solution first requires a customer order. Any *E movement, such as 412E, can't work without a Sales order in hand.

Your current practice, of making a run of material for a customer, which is somehow 'different', and then posting it to stock as 'unrestricted/anonymous', can be dangerous, unless your 'custom made' stock also meets the basic specifications of the material. E.G, your 'fluffy' or "roasty' product should be perfectly acceptable to a regular customer.

'Hiding' a special grade of stock, for the purpose of supplying future unspecified requirements, is usually handled by creating a special material number. This is the solution which requires no other special intervention. Small changes in business policy are required.

Another method would be to create a special storage location to store these materials once they are manufactured and in FGs stock. Ensure that all contents of this special storage location are transferred to 'blocked stock' (mvt 343/344), which will make them irrelevant for both MRP and ATP. When 'your' customer order arrives, you manually transfer the stock back to unrestricted, and immediately perform the ATP. If you are using Batch Management, you can immediately create the delivery, using the proper batch. As you can see, there is quite a bit of manual intervention to this solution.

Good Luck & Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks DB49,

Absolutely crystal clear to me sans all the jargon that was floating around...some called it hard pegging, some called it reservation, some called it sales order stock, some called it customer stock...

E.G, your 'fluffy' or "roasty' product should be perfectly acceptable to a regular customer

When 'your' customer order arrives, you manually transfer the stock back to unrestricted, and immediately perform the ATP

These statement sum it up all and that explains why we have 400 mat codes for a standard make to forecast product.

This is indeed highly manual...common sense speak.

Regards,

Loknath

Answers (0)