cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

office 2007 Attachments giving dump"Buffer table not up to date" in SOCO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SRM Experts,

We have came across a strange issue. DOCX & XLSX doc type attachments are giving a dump " Buffer Table not up to the date" when the Buyer in SOCO press the button "Add to the work area".

This is coming only when there is some SPECIAL CHARACTER used in the description of the attachment e.g. _, -, . / etc etc.

The other attachment types are working fine. i.e. PDF or Doc with NO special characters used in the description are giving NO errors t

IS there any special OSS note for this?

I have already configured all the config settings in DC10, DC20 & DC 30.

Please help us out in this.

Regards,

Varun.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Varun

you can also search them in service.sap.com portal for particulr component wisw

Note 1513326 - Dump in SOCO if attachment's extension is in capital letter

Symptom

Add a Shopping Cart having an attachment of extension like "XLSX" or "DOCX" or "PPTX" into the Work Area of the Sourcing Cockpit. A dump "Buffer table not up to date" is thrown. This note rectifies the above mentioned error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Muthu,

Thanks for the help.. But here the problem is not with extension only.

The problem is if there is a special character in the attachment description in Office 2007 doc types like XLSX, DOCX then and then only it is giving dump.

I tested without special characters in description with DOCX file it is working fine.

Please help out as this is becoming serious issue now.

Regards,

Varun

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First you implement this note and do test again. let us see.

Muthu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We tested it now with various scenarios and found out that for 2007 versions i.e.DOCX its not allowing more than 40 Characters in file name wheras in 2003 version I.e. DOC it is allowing more than 40.

I tried it with exactly 39 char file name with DOCX and i was able to add to work area in SOCO.

Why is this happening? System should not allow both in this case if limitation is character length.

Regards,

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Everyone,

The problem was solved by implementing note 733332.

Thanks Muthu once again for your help.