Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sales order price freeze

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

One of our requirement is to freeze the sales order price

We have a scenario like below

Sales order was created with MAC+8% value ( monthly average cost)

Then the relevant team will declare the value at the customs and do the shipment

Business has to weight for one month to get the confirmation from Customs officials to raise the Billing, Meanwhile the MAC value will be changed and the billing value will be changed according to the New MAC

Now the requirement is to freeze the sales order value and it should reflect to the Billing with the same sales order value and Pricing date also should be same as on Sales order

Please provide me your inputs

regards,

santosh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If the scenario is delivery related billing, in copy control VTFL, select your item category for the combination of your delivery type and billing where you can see a field "Pricing Type". There maintain "G". If it is order related billing, then maintain the same in VTFA.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I tried by placing PRICING TYPE as G, but the cost was updated from the material master in the Billing document,

Let say, the cost in material master is 100 when i create the sales order and the Price will be 100*8% which will be 108 i the order and customs booking was done at 108

Now in the month end closing, the MAC got changed and the cost in the sales order is 110 and then the price in the Billing changed to 110*8% and the price is 118.8 which is not acceptable to business

is there any way to freeze the cost at the order and same should reflect to the Billing

thanks in advance

regards,

santosh

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry, I misunderstood the requirement. Check Note 24832 - Pricing rules / TVCPF

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Shiva_Ram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In copy control settings, note down the routine assigned in the field VBRK/VBRP, then create a new routine in VOFM copying the existing routine and add additional coding for pricing date is from sales order pricing date. Then add the new routine in the VBRK/VBRP field and then test it.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think you can do with copy controls, if sales order to invoice VTFA, select item category and there is one feild with Price type, you can select the not determine price at billing, it will copy from sales order.

If its delivery to billing select VTFL, same thing.

Check and let us know your feedback