cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default values while item create

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

My requirement is to provide default values on the RPM portal screen , just when the RPM item create sceen is displayed.

In general tab, one cproject template field and then checkbox corresponding to the same.I tried some Badi's but not resolved.

Please advice on the same , Is it feesbile? If yes , how ?

Thanks

Harsh

Edited by: Harsh Bhalla on Mar 22, 2011 9:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everybody!

I think couldn't really understand what you two need, but I will try to help you anyways.

Please, check the following IMG activity:

SAP Portfolio and Project Management --> Portfolio Management --> Global Customizing --> Global Settings --> Check Global Settings.

Select Area 0006 and go to Default Settings (SAP). You'll be able to analyze the following SAP settings:

Area Text Name Text2 Settings Value

0006 User Interface Settings 0004 Create Project on Saving Checkbox for Proj. Mgmt <Visible='X' Hidden X

0006 User Interface Settings 0005 Proj. Mgmt Template Visibility <Visible='X' Hidden=' '> X

0006 User Interface Settings 0006 Proj. Mgmt Template Mandatory <Mandatory='X' Not Mandatory=' '>

If you want to change any of these default settings, go to SAP Portfolio and Project Management --> Portfolio Management --> Global Customizing --> Global Settings --> Override Default Global Settings.

(I am currently working with PPM 5.0. If you are too, be aware of the existance of SAP Note 1528304 - Project Management Template field cannot be hidden).

To configure the automatic creation of a project when the portfolio item is created, you have to maintain both IMG activities:

Define Portfolio Item Types

Map Item Type to Project or PS

I still haven't used this tool, but I know that you can set some default settings in the Personalization tab in SU01 transaction code. Maybe it can be useful to search the behavior of some "personalization object keys" started with /RPM/* or RPM*.

Hope some of the information is useful.

Regards,

Ivanna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Please provide some inputs for this,

We are planning always to create a cproject when RPM item is created with a given template.

I can do this during save , but is the same possible by giving default values on screen , during item creation.

Please advice.