cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete and Re-create deliveries (and TOs) during BOP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am imagining a crazy scenario where I need to delete existing deliveries that are not picked (alongwith all its transfer orders and all WM documents whatever they might be) during Backorder Processing.

Responses would be appreciated. I know this is theory though but not sure what it means to delete deliveries..or should I say delivery ATP category be a receipt element for the check control of BOP..and remove it as requirement from check control. What happens then to the deliveries created with confirmation - picked or not picked.

An overarching business reason for doing so is taking advantage of uncertain transportation availability where I might have deliveries created but say ship to a certain destination is delayed by say 15 days and hence can make other sales orders good meanwhile. I am not talking of merits ATP check within TPVS that I learn a while ago is a noble way of deferring ATP check based on vehicle availablity

Regards,

Lok

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath

I havent done this myself but I remember reading somewhere that ROC/ EDQA can delete deliveries, so it might also work with BOP if you use a ODL.

Having said that, given that this functionality is relatively new, it is unlikely to meet your full requirement. To me this seems like a case where you need to push back at the business. Deliveries should only be created once you are fully committed to shipping the order. This means -

1. The delivery window used in the delivery due list should be as short as practical. Typically 1 to 3 days.

2. Durations used in Transportation and Delivery Scheduling (Pick/ Pack durations) should have minimum buffers.

And finally, be VERY careful if you plan on any enhancement in BOP. BOP is very tricky and you should not try to change core behavior. If you must delete deliveries, do it in ECC before BOP is run.

Rishi Menon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rishi for the reassurance. I subscribe to the same idea.. If a delivery is created, I better ensure that it is picked asap...simple solution to a seemingly complicated problem.

Regards,

Loknath

Answers (0)