Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Default Settings value unable to save in Professional SC in SRM7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We are configuring SRM7.0 with ECC6 ( Ehp4) having Classic Scenario

In Professional SC in SRM7.0 we have a good option of Default Settings - Set values. Here the respetive User can save his frequntly used partmeters and no need to enter /change in SC item level everytime. But this functionality is not working properly.

1.When I set and save some value say Delivery Address (by reseting address came from user Attribute) and then add Items in Sc then it pick up this new Delivery address, but when I go to create another Shopping cart and see my newly define address is not there and it is same the original address (which comes from user Attribute) .

Why it is not saved permanantly in default setting ?

2.. Continue to above ....After I deleted Attribute ADDR_SHIPT from User Attribute in Org structure , it is saving in default setting, but still system taking Company code address as delivry address in SRM Shopping Cart . Why system is behaving like this ?

Actually we are maintaining Delivery Address at Storage Location level in ECC and so Shopping cart ( and hence Classic PO craeted from it) should have same address . Number of Storage Location are 4000 approx and in SRM7.0 , we maintain address at Company code level , so that is issue..there may be some restriction to add Number of Delivery address at Copmany code level ( again one twist.. we are using Centralised pur. Org in ECC and so in SRM we shuld not assign Pur. Org to Comnpany code..)...delievy address in Classic PO , Shopping cart and Popdircetly created in ECC must have same delievy address to that of storage Location ! ( i know in SRM 7.01 we will be able to set Delivery address at User level, but issue is with SRM 7.0)

Can someone suggest /guide me on this .

Thanks

NAP

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Patil,

There is a product bug in SRM 7.0

Please check SAP NOTES

1442277 ,Delivery address default settings

1450367 -Account assignment default settings

Regards

G.Ganesh Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ganesh. VUI.

I ahd look on these Notes and the Symptom in one note are as below .

Create a shopping cart and go to the default settings Delivery Address tab.Change manually default delivery address. Add an item to the shopping cart and go to the delivery address tab in the item details. However, you can see that the delivery address is not taken over from default settings.

Actually this is not my problem . In my case if I change the Delivery address in default settings and the enter item, then , system pick up the delivery address that I maintied in default setting.

My worry is..... when I come out of this SC screen and strat to create NEW SC, then the the Delivery Address that I maintined in default setting is DISAPPEARED ( and the address from Attribute) came and hence after adding item, address from Attribute is picked.

My requiermnet is, just like "Personnal setting" in Me21N in ECC, the default setting set values should ramain permanant,even after coming out of that screen.

Can anyone suggest/confirm whether it is happening in anyones case or is it possible ??

Thanks

NAP

vickyokrm
Participant
0 Kudos

Hey NAP,

Even am also facing the same issue.have you solved the issue?please help me out.

Thanks,

Vignesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vignesh,

This default setting is for that Shopping Cart document only.

Thanks

NAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

User default settings will work only for that particular session...ex. when user logs in and maintain user default, these default values will be carried over to all line items created in the shopping cart in that session. Once the user log off those values will not be available.

Regards,

Jagadish

former_member183790
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Did you try the personal value list option in shopping cart.

Thanks

santhosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Narendra,

Shiopping cart template can be used successfully to store the default values, user can copy the Shopping cart tempalte to a new shopping cart and order(Address is also copied to default value).

In PPOMA_BBP extended attributes for storage location option have you mainianted any entries. If this is done and a default vlaue is set in SC storage location address will get defaulted and the same will be carried to ECC PO or PR based on your config settings.

with regards

Manjunath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NAP,

When you launch the SC screen, system will read the user profile from the SRM org structure.

So there is no option for you to save the settings on the SC screen.

What ever you do in the SC screen is meant only for the creation of the cart one time.

Did you try

1. creating multiple addresses(all sloc addresses) for the company code BP.

2. Make one sloc address as default.

3. Ask the user to select the address VS sloc in the SC item.

OR

even simpler, do not send the address information from SRM to ECC. When a PO is created it should

utomatically get the SLOC address from the line item

let us know if this will work? thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Netaji.Very useful info.

Reply to your suggestion is ,

Did you try

1. creating multiple addresses(all sloc addresses) for the company code BP.

2. Make one sloc address as default.

3. Ask the user to select the address VS sloc in the SC item.

->>>> We have 4000-5000 Stoarge Location in ECC, then is it possible to maintain/create such a huge Number of Address at Company Code level ( I have doubt) ? If yes, how we can create such a huge number of Address, since manually it is not possibble ?

OR

even simpler, do not send the address information from SRM to ECC. When a PO is created it should

utomatically get the SLOC address from the line item

->>>> Can you please more specific..not getting which line item .. PO or SC ? I tried this by deleting the Attribute ADDR_SHIPT , but still sytstem take ComPany code Address from somewhere ? Don't know how and from where it is picking?

Please suggest.

Thanks

NAP