cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homegenous System Copy & Maintenance certificate

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have done a Homegenous System copy of ECC 6.0 EHP1 from Source to Target Environment. SID remains same after copy (Just moving QA to new hardware). Since my SID is remaining same, Do I need to apply maintenance certificate or the one which was done in QA before will work, In short if a source system has already contains a maintenance certificate then when doing a system copy to Target system with same SID, does Maintenance certificate has to be re applied or not, since maintainance certificate is required to update Support package or install add on's with newer releases?

Thanks.

Syed

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you need to apply license again because you moved system to new hardware and as a result hardware key changes. So, you need to apply license again.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Is applying License same as Applying Maintenance Certificate, I am pretty new to this?

Thanks.

Syed

mathanponnucham
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Dear Syed,

When you copy a SAP system to another hardware, hardware key of the system changes.

You have to apply new license and maintanence key.

Rgds,

Mat.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you will register your system on SMP with new hardware key then it will give you permanent license and maintenance license both in a single file. Then apply it from slicense t-code.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, it's clear now.

Answers (0)