Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Account Assignment Category D error

Sunil76
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

While creating a debit note with internal order, with item category ZTPS (Standard item category for project) i am getting error message" item category "D" is not defined ". This is rollout prject and i have checked in the sytem i found some documents with same item cateogry .

Please advice.

Regards

Sunil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ensure that in OME9, Account Assignment Category D is maintained.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create network parameters in sales document (SD)

You can make the default settings required to create a network from a sales order in the menu options Basic data -> Standard structures -> Parm. SalesOrd->Ntwk (Parameters for sales order -> network).

If you do not enter data here, you can also enter the necessary data online directly in the sales order.

The data in the material master actually controls whether a network can be created from a sales order item. To set this up, you should enter the core information like (assembly type, order type (i.e. network or order type) configuration, account assignment category) in the requirements class for the material. The requirements class is determined by the strategy group (see above) which was maintained in the material master.

Therefore, if you want to be able to create a network while working in a sales order, you must have maintained the corresponding MRP data or strategy group for the material being sold.

Standard settings

SAP has predefined the following strategy groups:

83: Assembly processing with network, account assignment category E (assignment to sales document. A network with network type PS05 (header assignment) is created.

85: Assembly processing with network/project, account assignment category D (assignment to project). A network with network type PS04 (activity assignment) is created.

In both cases, the system automatically creates a network with network type PS04.

Recommendation

Do not change the default settings that SAP provides in Customizing. You can use these defaults to set up your own strategy groups, requirement types etc. and specify other network types or other settings for the availability check.

Note

When values are missing from the sales order item, such as the plant, the system cannot determine the requirements type which means that it also cannot create a network from the sales order.

In order to have the scheduled dates in the network be copied into the sales document as confirmed dates, you must have maintained scheduling parameters for network type PS04 and PS05 in Customizing.

Keep this in mind when you define your own network types.

Among the scheduling parameters to be maintained, you should set the indicator reconcile basic dates .

You must set this indicator if you want the system to copy the scheduled dates into the basic dates and then pass them on to the sales order as confirmed dates.

Hope this will resolve your problem.

Regards,