cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in homogeneous System Copy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am trying to do a homogenous system copy from a Netweaver7.0 SP23 quality ssytem to a development system The installed database is Oracle 10g at both source and target system... I have finished the export process using sapinst.exe and followedd the path SAP Netweaver 2004s Support Release 2 --> Additional Software life cycle tasks --> System Copy --> Oracle --> Source System --> Central System --> Based on AS Java --> Database and Central Instance Export

In the target system i selected the follwoing path in sapinst.exe

SAP Netweaver 2004s Support Release 2 --> Additional Software life cycle tasks --> System Copy --> Oracle --> Target system -->Central System > Based on AS Java> Central System Installation

Please note that on the target system host , another netweaver instance is also installed in drive G:

I am trying to instal the new netweaver isntance in another drive E:

The problem i am facing is when i am prompted to enter the path, i enter the path of the exported database and central instance export, but then it gives me the error saying :

You entered: E:\Export for QL1\Export -Structure\JAVA Found the label SAP:JMIG:700::: but need the label SAP:J2EE-INST:700SR2:::**

It is critical for me to finish the system copy today itself. Please provide your valuable inputs at the earliest!

Many thanks in advance!

Regards,

Anupama

Edited by: AnupamaD on Mar 19, 2011 10:26 AM

Edited by: AnupamaD on Mar 19, 2011 10:30 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

First all remove all space in path of your export directory.

Second, sapinst is asking for which DVD ?

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I tried doing it again by removing spaces in the given path. But that did not help... and i am still getting the same error

actaully this is where the sapinst is prompting to enter the path of the export folder where i have stored the central and database instance export from the source quality system.

Thanks for the response.

Regards,

Anupama

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to provide SAP Netweaver Java Component DVD at this time and next time when sapinst asks for Migration Export then you have to provide export location that you exported from the source system. After this your error will be resolved.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Thanks for the response. Apparently it was asking the Java Software Component package. The package, i was trying to use, was somehow lacking some installable file. I downloaded the components again from SAP and then was able to complete the installation.

Thanks for the help!

Regards,

Anupama