cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading from SP16 to EHP1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I'm planning to upgrade my SOlution Manager from SP16 to EHP1 [talking only about ABAP Stack]. Initially I planned it as a two-step process. 1. from SP16 to SP17 2. from SP17 to SP18 (EHP1).

now, was not able to upgrade to SP17 because of Conflict and CRT for patch 17 st400 wasn't available. i opened a question to SAP, and they suggested that i upgrade to EHP1 directly.

here, I'm encountering two issues:

1. in MOPZ, SP18 as a target stack is not being displayed, SP19 is the next target stack available. can anyone explain why is that? will it be okay if i go for SP19?

2. while downloading files for SP19, it shows me an error: update Product data in SolMan.

now i know it can be resolved by uploading the zip file SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_70_EHP1.ZIP using report RS_SMSY_PPMS_XML_UP_DOWNLOAD available in note: 1169247.

now,how do you upload an XML file using a report? i can view the report in SE38, but how do i go about the upload? please tell me th step-by-step procedure.

Regards,

Tejasav

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

as per the note 1169247,

Preparations section (page 8)
Unpack SAP_SOLUTION_MANAGER_70_EHP1.zip from the note attachment, and call the report RS_SMSY_PPMS_XML_UP_DOWNLOAD with the option "Upload = X".

Run the report: RS_SMSY_PPMS_XML_UP_DOWNLOAD - Set checkmark with an uppercase "X" in option field: "Upload" - Point to the downloaded .XML file.

in the below thread Kurt given the procedure

[|]

ese you can follow the release guide available at

http://service.sap.com/instguides -> SAP Components -> SAP Solution Manager -> Release 7.0 EHP 1

Thanks,

Jansi

Answers (8)

Answers (8)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Miguel,

What was that XML file you were talking about...I think that'd help.

Please tell me how to go about it?

Regards,

Tejasav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Miguel,

that error has been resolved. Now, I've identified the real error:

once I'm selecting the components and the highest level of package available in the queue, it gives me a message:

• Installation queue could not be extended*

Once I press the continue tab, following message appears:

Import preconditions have changed -> queue is inconsistent

and the SAINT goes back to screen 1.

I'm not getting much help on this, can you identify it?

Regards,

Tejasav

Former Member
0 Kudos

People,

Encountering a major issue here....

while performing SAINT...it is showing me a conflict with Add-ons and asking me to include CRT SAPKITL428 and CRT SAPKITL429.

Point is, I already have them in the queue, they're ST-400 files, right?

I downloaded everything using MOPZ, so this conflict shouldn't arise, still I'm getting this error.

i've also recalculated the queue, and restarted SAINT. still showing me same error.

Please help.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Are you giving SAINT an XML? I think it helps...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Miguel,

thanks for your helpful advice. Indeed, the Upgrade Files were indispensable.

upgrded the kernel and started SAINT.

i'm keeping this thread open so if encounter any problems I can consult with you.

How much time does SAINT take, anyway?

Regards,

Tejasav

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also, do i need EHPi?

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

It is all in the guide!

You don't need EHPi for EHP1 for ERP 6 install. SAINT and JSPM are the tools.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

while upgrading, I'm encountering 3 issues:

1. is the first step Kernel upgrade? I'm asking this because: after uncaring the files, i went into SPAM and performed a SPAM/SAINT upgrade as per the inst. guides. the spam/ saint is shown as successful but my spam/saint level is still the same: 7.00/0042, i was expecting it to be on 7.01. do u think i should have gone for a kernel upgrade first?

2. also, support packages for components: PI_BASIS, SAP_ABA, SAP_BASIS and SAP_BW etc. are not being displayed in the SPAM queue but in SAINT queue. is that the way to go about it?

3. in SAINT, when i try selecting any component, for instance PI_BASIS, it gives me the following error message:

SAPK-701DHINPIBASIS has an invalid Basis Release 701.

by going through some online documentation, i'm infering that the error is again due to mismatch in the Kernel upgarde.

Please guide.

Regards,

Tejasav

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

You can check the Solution Manager EHP1 update guides at http://service.sap.com/instguides -> Solution Manager EHP1 -> Upgrade -> Update guide EHP1

Quick link:

https://websmp203.sap-ag.de/~form/sapnet?_SHORTKEY=01100035870000718044&_SCENARIO=011000358700000002...;

There you may find the order in which you must update the SPAM, kernel, etc

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jansi....Thanks..Ques 2 is resolved.

Miguel...as per your advice I'm downloading SP19 files, will post if I encounter any probs.

Hope u'd be here.

Regards,

Tejasav

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

The answer to question #1 is that Support Package stack 18 for Solution Manager is archived, so it cannot be downloaded as the target.

You will be fine with SP19.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ