cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setup System Monitoring

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to setup system monitoring for different systems in solution manager but the 'Setup System Monitoring' is disabled.

In solman I go to Solution_manager --> Operations Setup --> on the right side pane 'Setup System Monitoring' is disabled. How can you change this to change mode so that you can configure monitoring for different systems? Any idea, please help.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello,

If your System Monitoring seems disabled, have you performed the IMG activities in transaction SPRO for system monitoring?

SPRO > SAP Solution Manager > Scenario-Specific Settings > System Monitoring

If you have not performed these activities, you will need to....and there is Requirements and Prerequisite documentation once you navigate there.

If this is done, System Monitoring should not be disabled. If you have not defined the systems in SMSY or added them to a solution you will not be able to setup monitoring, but it should nto be disabled, just have nothing to do.

So I would start with the SPRO activities and check the Requirements and Prerequisite have been met and the listed notes applied (949293 and 420213). If this has been done, then make sure you have systems in your solution and if they are not production systems, then you must manually set the status to "Put in Solution" in the solution to be able to use them in system monitoring.

It sounds like your IMG activities in SPRO have not been done.

REgards,

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

make sure in transaction SMSY, you have the satelite system defined with proper connection setup. once it's defined, attach your satelite system to an existing or new Landscape solution.

Once yu done this, you allowed tto use the setup system Monitoring. Please check.

Thanks,

Jansi