cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSO SAP Sharepoint

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am posting here, to get any help on the subject. Something came up for me which I am not sure about the answer. We need to exchange data between sharepoint and SAP. As there are many applications already using SAP, we have to develop many web services for each feature we would like to use from SAP.

So, the question is instead of integrating that way, if we create links on Sharepoint (2010), which access SAP Portal, is it quite simple? Does it popup window with SAP portal and asking for credentials first? How single sign-on can help me on this? The user wants to get into Sharepoint with their login, but when clicking the link of SAP, it should open SAP Portals straight. Is it feasible?

I also thought using iViews webpart on Sharepoint, but I am not sure, it the SAP portal would show on that webparts without any single sign on configuration.

Thank you.

Alpesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

via the IView webpart you can visually embed SAP Portal IViews in a SharePoint site (that is, in SharePoint 2007; Microsoft has abandoned the IView webpart in SharePoint 2010; but you achieve the same via iframe based approach yourself)

However, this has its constraints:

· It does not work for IViews that internally navigate to another page in the SAP Portal

· As user, you are very noticeable confronted with 2 Look & Feels: UI + behavior

SharePoint has support for SSO into SAP Portal; this works via user mapping, and a configuration of SAPTrustedHosts.xml in the SharePoint farm.

You can find information on this in the book u2018Microsoft and SAPu2019, from Juergen Daiberl, Steve Fox ea.

Best regards, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi William,

Thank you for help and explanation. So, if I have links to SAP Portal, poiting to different features (change your details, check your account, etc), when I click from Sharepoint those links, it will open SAP Portal with that feature window, but first, will it ask me for credentials? If yes, SSO will avoid that situation?

Thanks in advance,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alpesh,

The proper architect answer/reaction: it depends...

What it depends upon?

· How the SAP Portal is launched via SharePoint; as a simple hyperlink, or via the IView webpart? In case as simple hyperlink, it will be clear that it is really nothing different from independently opening the SAP portal, as if directly typing in the address in the browser bar.

· What are the authentication mechanisms of the SharePoint portal and the SAP Portal. The former probably will use AD accounts / Integrated WA; if the SAP Portal would also authenticate via AD, then the SSO-experience is implicit available. But most likely the SAP EP uses its own authentication: SAP usernames, SAP Logon Tickets or so.

· In case your scenario is to visually embed SAP EP via an IView webpart in your SharePoint portal; SAP Portal is authenticated via SAP usernames; and within SharePoint scope you have probably setup the SSO configuration: that is, filled in the environment connect settings of your SAP portal server in the 12hiveConfigTrustedSAPHosts.config file; and added an user mapping within SharePointu2019s SSO settings from AD account to SAP username - per required end-user; then each end-user will have a transparent user experience starting from SharePoint going into SAP portal.

For some more (extended) background-reading on SSO within a mixed SAP/MS landscape, see also these:

·

·

Good luck, William.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, William.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks william, for your help.

Regards,