Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to mendatory use the logon group?

lucas_chung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear all.

I am wondering about how to mendatory use the logon group on SAP gui.?

I hope all user use the logon group.

but some user do not use the logon group.

even if notice for the problem to users. some user still use dedicated server.

therefore, i want to prevent to access for the users who use the dedicated server.

If you know. let me know it.

if you know which user exit or ehnancement are usefull for the problem. please let me know.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

I am unsure of any way of forcing (checking) that users are using logon groups to access the SAP system.

However if you wish to restrict (stop) users from accessing a particular application server (or for using an application server that is NOT in a logon group) then we have successfully used the user exit SUSR0001 (EXIT_SAPLSUSF_001) to do this.

This user exit is executed on user login. We wrote logic to check a custom table to see if the user was allowed to logon to that application server and if they were not, auto-logged them off.

Special care is needed in using this to ensure that you do not prevent ALL users from logging on to the system!

Please read Note#37724, I believe this user exit is still available in later releases (ERP 6).

Thanks.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

lucas_chung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear sir.

Thanks for your opinion.

If there are some user exit about logon group. is it possible? how about it?

Now i am trying to find it.

if you know. let me know it.

Thanks

lucas_chung
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help.

We have so many user per each corporates. than we cannot control logon group with saplog pad.

We have already considerd saplog pad.

and

We have already use logon group.

I just wondering the mentatory using logon group.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As long as you don't control the user access to create or modify entries on the SAPGui, you cannot make the use of logon groups mandatory.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas Chung

1. Create the Log on group in T code SMLG.

2. Assign the group to the specified group in the SMLG

3. In the end user desktop assign the logon groups as your are created in the SMLG.

Thanks & Regards

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Make them use SAP Logon Pad. It is almost the same as SAP Logon The difference is that they cannot change the entries in Logon pad. For example, you cannot add, change or delete the logon entries in SAP Logon Pad.

The name of the file is saplgpad for the SAP logon pad.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Naveed