cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JMS server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have this issue where I use JMS sender CC. and want to use three different server names instead of one in the JMS Sender CC. Because if I use only one then if that server fails at any time then the integration will also fail. But if I use three different servers in one CC then perhaps if one of them fails, the CC can use the other ones to complete the transfer.

My question is if this is possible?

When I use one I get 'successfully connected to the server' in RWB but when I put three different server names I get 'successfully disconnected from the server' in the RWB. That means that I don't get any errors but successfully disconnect.

Any suggestions?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Because if I use only one then if that server fails at any time then the integration will also fail.

This should be taken care by MQ by using failover technique. A production system can't have 3 different servers with same data at same time as per my knowledge.

But if I use three different servers in one CC then perhaps if one of them fails, the CC can use the other ones to complete the transfer.

How you are going to use different servers in just one CC??

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not sure how you are adding multiple servers into one CC.

ideally from a HA/Load balancing perspective, you will configure a host name which in the background will be linked to multiple IPs and thus HA/Load balancing is ensured.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In the 'IP address or Server Name' box I put in the different server names.

for example: 111.111.111, 222.222.222,333.333.333.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> In the 'IP address or Server Name' box I put in the different server names.

> for example: 111.111.111, 222.222.222,333.333.333.

You can't do like this.. Only one IP address is allowed. Do you have any link or guide where it say to do like this...?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Thanks for your answers.

No I don't have any guidlines, therefore I posted my question here.

I thought that that would be a possibility.

So I need to check in MQ in order to solve this? a background rule that connects the connection to different brokers?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, you need to check with MQ.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

> In the 'IP address or Server Name' box I put in the different server names.

> for example: 111.111.111, 222.222.222,333.333.333.

this wouldnt be the right solution.

as i mentioned it would be via a host to IP configuration done at the MQ end

Former Member
0 Kudos

In a High Availability scenario we use the hostname in the CC, i,e 'MQSERVER' and this hostname is switched to one or the other MQ Server in case of faillure.