cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delivery plant determination in sales order with a function partner

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I can't find a module function (or anything else) in order to determine delivery plant in a sales order.

What I want to do is :

1/ assign many DP function partner in the customer data with each delivery plant I could choose when I create a sales order

2/ when a sales order is created with this customer, the system asks which DP I want, and the delivery plant is updated in the DWERK or VBAP-WERK automatically ...

I imagine this is not standard but I'm not sure I'm going in the good way...

Could you help me please ?

Thanks

Alex

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, sorry i'm not clear ..

I don't want to use standards because I know this is not the solution I need... I want to define in the function partners (as DP (delivery plant) in the sales) the delivery plants available when I create a sales order.

For example :

1/ Create customer 100000 with function partners DP D1000 and D2000 (both are equivalent to delivery plants in my system)

2/ Create a sales order with customer 100000 and the system asks me to choose between partners D1000 or D2000.

By doing that, the delivery plant in the sales order is updated (in DWERK ?!)

Thanks

Alex

former_member209761
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

I assume your requirement is as follows.

You have maintained a partner function for which you will be maintaining an entry and the system should automatically pick the

delivering plant based on that entry in this particular patner function.

If this is what your requirement is, make the partner function as mandatory so that system prompts you to enter the same before saving the sales order.

Based on the entry in partner function , use USEREXIT_SOURCE_DETERMINATION for copying this entry to the

plant field.

If this logic is acceptable, please let us know whether you have achieved your objective.

Best Regards,

Hegal

Edited by: Hegal . K . Charles on Mar 21, 2011 4:51 PM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for this answer. I think this exit will help.

Actually I need the exit fill the delivery plant in the header (DWERK) with the function partner I would have chosen before ... but this is probably impossible to fill this element automatically.

many thanks to you guys.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there:

As Lak said,delivering plant of sales order will be generated by below priority, as per your statement,it sounds that you have several delivering plant for specific material or customer, or the combination of them, could you give us an example in order to help you further...

1) Customer Material Info Record (VD51)

2) Customer Master (XD01)

3) Material Master (MM01)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks for your answer.

Actually, the objective to use the partner function is a mean for the user to choose directly the delivery plant and avoid too many clicks ...

Do you think this is possible ?

1/ choose the correct function partner when you type the customer,

2/ then, the delivery plant is updated ?

I don't want to use the standard features which do not correspond to our activities ...

Thanks

Alex

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your explanation is not clear to me. The standard feature is that when you create a sale order, it will prioritize the delivering plant in the following sequence:-

1) Customer Material Info Record (VD51)

2) Customer Master (XD01)

3) Material Master (MM01)

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Alex,

The Plant Determination in the Sales and Distribution module is a crucial assignment, for your query I guess you can maintain different delivering plants in SD if you maintain your material in those plants and choose plant from the Shipping view of the item as per your requirement.

Regards,

Ashutosh