Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ERP Mass Role generating from master role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

In our ERP system we have several master roles and lots of roles derived from those masters. My question is when I add a transaction or even change one authorization object I have to manually generate all of those sub roles.

How can I do "copy from master role" then regenerate and then compare users more easily? Editing hundreds of roles takes lots of time.

I know PFCG has option Mass Compare and Mass Generate but they are not working for those sub roles.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through help.sap.com or google to search and understand the process of creation/generation of master-derived roles:-)

If you have master -derived role created in system, you do not need to generate each individual roles. Just go to change mode of Master role in Authorization tab and beside "Generate" button at the top, you also see an icon "Generate derived role" (CTRLSHIFTF4 is the shortcut key) which can be used to adjust-derive all derived roles inheriting all characteristics of the master role into the derived roles (except the organizational values in case they are separately maintained in the derived roles)

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Mar 18, 2011 2:53 PM

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please go through help.sap.com or google to search and understand the process of creation/generation of master-derived roles:-)

If you have master -derived role created in system, you do not need to generate each individual roles. Just go to change mode of Master role in Authorization tab and beside "Generate" button at the top, you also see an icon "Generate derived role" (CTRLSHIFTF4 is the shortcut key) which can be used to adjust-derive all derived roles inheriting all characteristics of the master role into the derived roles (except the organizational values in case they are separately maintained in the derived roles)

Thanks

Sandipan

Edited by: Sandipan Choudhury on Mar 18, 2011 2:53 PM

0 Kudos

Thank you very much.