Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Excnage rate during budgeting

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

hi,

While putting the budget on a WBS in foreign currency, system converts it to CO currency based on the exchange rate maitained on 1st april of current FY and not as on the date on which we are putting the budget.

Pl tell me if this is a standard behavious of the system and what should i do so that system will consider the exchange rate on which i am putting the budgeet

Regards,

Kalpesh Agrawal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Whatever latest exchange rate is maintained in the system in OB08 transaction will be considered. In your case the latest exchange rate would be the one defined for the said period. This is standard behaviour.

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Thanks for reply. In my case, though latest exchange rate as of today is maintained in OB08, while putting budget in projects, system covnerts it to INR based on the exchange rate as on 1sts April'2010.

Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check whether the latest exchange rate for currency conversion to INR has been maintained or not. I guess the exchange rate for currency conversion to INR has not been changed/maintained in your system since April 2010. Maintain the current exchange rate and go ahead. That should solve your issue.

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

l;atest exchange rate has already been maintained in OB08, thogh system is taking exchange rate as on 1st april during budgeting,

Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

OK. Answer a few queries to get more clarity on this.

What exchange rate has been maintained for 1st April 2010?

What is the current exchange that has been maintained?

What is the exchange rate type that you have maintained in the Budget Profile? Is it P or M?

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Exchange rate as on 1st april'10 was - 1EUR =- 59.63 INR

Exchange rate as of today is - 1 EUR = 63.33 INR

Exchange rate type maintained in budget profile is M.

System is considering 1 EUR = 59.63 INR only if i put budget today also.

Regards,

Kalpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Exchange rate as of today is - 1 EUR = 63.33 INR

What is the exchange rate type maintained for this in OB08? Is it P or M? If its maintained as P system wont pick this exchange rate for currency conversion in budgeting since you have maintained M in the budget profile.

Similarly check the exchange rate type maintained for the other exchange rate.

kalpesh_agrawal
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Gopal,

Exchangre rate type in OB08 is also mantained as M for all currencies.

Regards,

Kalpesh