Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new movement type (ref 701 & 702)

former_member1278972
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

My customer have a request to create a new movement type with reference to movement type 701 & 702.

The movement type 701 & 702 are posting to stock adjustment account (like posting mistake). I understand that, the movement type 701 and 702 are trigged automatically when we are posting the inventory differences.

The new movement type xxx, they wanna to post to Write off account when there is missing stock (like stolen etc), after the stock count.

1) If I create a new movement type with reference to movement type 701 & 702, am I correct of doing this?

2) How system behave on this new movement type, if there is stock difference?

Any suggestion are most welcome.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Assumed Answered.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

yes it is possible - well I would not do this...

but you can use ENHANCEMENT-POINT BELEG_BUCHEN_01 SPOTS ES_SAPMM07I. in program MM07IFB0 for the modification.

have fun

Flo

kailas_ugale
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

First why you want new movement type?

see If there is stock difference, system will post differnce when you are doing physical inventory ,posting its not depend upon movement type

its process of physical inventory

Regards

Kailas ugale

former_member1278972
Participant
0 Kudos

HI,

Thanks for advice.

I wish to create a new movement type (similar to movement type 701 & 702) , so that the stock different will auto post to account called material write off account, when we perform MI07 or mi20.

Is it possible to do that?

Thanks

Wendy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Its better to use physical inventory. Any how its a loss to the company if material is stolen or missing according to me no need to create new mov type. Because movement type is linked to GL account by value string which is sap standard

Regards

AKM

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

For Movement Type 701, the accounting entries

Stock A/c - Dr

Gain/Loss Inventory differences - Cr

Where stock A/C trigger BSX key & Gain/Loss Inventory differences A/C trigger GBB key with INV account modifier. You can cross check on OBYC and OMWN

AS you need to create a copy of 701 to may be Z71(in t.code: OMJJ), then you can create a account modifier ZIN where then you can assign GBB key with ZIN account modifier then control all in OMWN with Z71 movement type with ZIN account modifier

Like 701 to Z71 & then you can create 702 to may be Z72 & then assign ZIN account modifier.

Regards,

Biju K

former_member1278972
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your useful information.

Once I create the new movement type xxx, how is SAP trigger automatic posting to my write off account (using new movement type xxx) if there is Physical inventory differences?

I believed MI07 are triggered movement type 701 & 702 only when I want to post the Physical inventory differences.

Or any other T-code for me to post using this new movement type?

Thanks,

Regards,

Wendy