cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Implementing Fire Fighter ID in SAP SRM portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Team,

we have requirement of implementing Fire Fighter ID (FFID) in SRM portal in order to meet SOX Compliance. we want answer for following question: -

1. How it is implemented?

2. What are the assumptions taken while implementing FFID?

3. How transactions are recorded when a user logs in with FFID?

Please let us know your comments / suggestions / pointers.

Thanks

Siddarth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

this is nothing but trouble shooting user id.

this id helps to Process failed transcation etc. idoc reprocessing , editing shopping cart and resubmit , run batch jobs etc.

but this user id will be registered in the transaction documents.

They give access for only limited period and needs to get approval from business head.

but we need to justify to use firefight id .

this id creation is purely agreement between buisness team and IT team.

Muthuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Muthu,

agreed. I have worked in the past with such user ids in ECC and SRM not in portal though.

I am trying to understand why in Portal.

Thanks

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You are correct. This requires for GUI not in the portal ..since they are temp ids and password will be expired in 1 days and when we request the Basis team after approval from business team , they reset the password .

but we may not use in portal since firefighter id is not integrated to org structure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks for your responses. We have FFID already implemented in ECC and SRM GUI. as you know it is used for SOX Compliance and maintaining log of changes done.

In our case it is required on portal because there are lots of business documents (SC, PO etc.) are required to corrected whenever they move in error in process status. These corrections are done by IT team, i.e., us via portal. Currently we are able to track all the changes which we are making through GUI but not able to track changes done via portal.

So please help us on this and suggest some work around.

Thanks

Siddarth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If your org structure is not linked to HR system, then you may create a FF node on org structure and map the FFID in there. Give some centralised roles based on your requirement and it would be useful as per your requirement.

If your org strtucture is ECC HR linked, you cannot map the FFID.

Regards

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

interesting requirement.

I havent heared any customer implementing firefighter ID in portal? can you let us know the case?

I have worked with Firefighter ids in SAP ECC and SRM not in portal though. Thanks