SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Commit work in FQEVENT 295

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am working on F!CA event 295, copied standard function module and created as Z_FI_295_MULTIPLE_NSF.

Here i am updating business partner using function module BUPA_IDENTIFICATION_CHANGE, after calling BUPA_IDENTIFICATION_CHANGE if i use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT then only record is updating otherwise record is not updating. But as per function module documentation we shouldn't use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT.

Could you please anybody tell me how to use commit work in FQEVENTS.

Thanks,

Rami

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You definitely should not use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in an FQEVENT. As the documentation says, it may lead to inconsistencies by saving data at the wrong time.

If you are really sure that event 285 doesn't save BP changes, I suggest that you raise an OSS Note.

No 'commit work' should be required.

We don't use that 285 event at our site, so unfortunately I can't confirm that it works for us.

good luck!

Paul Bakker

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

paul_bakker2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You definitely should not use BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT in an FQEVENT. As the documentation says, it may lead to inconsistencies by saving data at the wrong time.

If you are really sure that event 285 doesn't save BP changes, I suggest that you raise an OSS Note.

No 'commit work' should be required.

We don't use that 285 event at our site, so unfortunately I can't confirm that it works for us.

good luck!

Paul Bakker