Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation to avoid wrong plant entry

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

i am doing a project, where project no is including the plant code and user want to identify the plant from project definition and also want to avoid the wrong plant entry through validation,

Project definition code is like X / XXXXX : XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX , Here 3rd to 6th character (4 character) is the plant code.

i want to create the validation which match the 3rd to 6th character of project definition with the plant code enter while creating project definition and if it will match then only allow to save else give error that plant code is entered wrong.

Pls suggest hoe to create the validation to compare the character with plant code..

rgds

rkp

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

In tocde OPSI create a new validation (say ABCD) for Project Definition. Click on Step and name the step as per your requirement. Then create the prerequisite, check and the error message to be displayed if the validation fails. Do not forget to assign the Validation in Project profile. Tick the check box for automatic validation. This will trigger the validation when the project is being saved.

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

i know the steps to create the validation , i want to know that what i have to put in prerequisite and checks to check the 3 to 6 charactor of project code with plant,, so that wile creating the project definition 3to 6 charactor of project will be as same as plant code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried simulating your requirement but it seems that it will work only for a particular project definition and will not be coding mask specific. Due to time constraints i am not able to explore more on this. Why don't you check if you can use some other criteria (e.g. Project Profile etc.) to build up a validation for having the correct plant?

Edited by: Gokul Pillai on Mar 18, 2011 2:26 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

PROJ-PSPID:3-6: = PROJ-WERKS

you can use this in check on validation, to filter out specific character range in code, set the range using FldComp. button

change the ranage & test it.

This would help you I think

Regards,

Sam L.

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

thanks for your suggestion , i am going to test this ..this i'll put in prerequisite .tell me what i have to pt in checks ??

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

I had put

Prerequisite

Project Profile = 'ZKSS001'

Checks

Project def. :3-6: = Plant

and finally done only things is that here i had given a specific project profile in Prerequisite , but if i have to apply this for all profile then what should be in Prerequisite

rgds

rkp

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can put all project with OR as follows..

Project Profile = 'ZKSS001' or Project Profile = 'ZKSS021'

Regards,

Sam L.

former_member213716
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying for a validation but its nt wrking

Prerequisite

PROJ-PROFL = 'ZPCE001'

Checks

Project Def. :3-6: = Profit Center

Message (If Prerequisite is met & check not fulfilled)

Project Code is not matching with Profit Center.

Input Given

Project definition - PC / 2002

Profit Center - 2002

here condition match but system is giving error..

0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check in program GBTDCPSF for errors in validation.

Answers (0)