cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues regarding PCO Notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a question.Is there any way to make the notification of tags time-based so that the notification will be generated only after a certain specified interval of time?Even if I specify the trigger type as WhileTrue the notifications are generated randomly whenever the value is changed without any specified time interval..

Thanks,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

The objective of PCo was real-time event notification. I am not sure why you would want to wait a few minutes to send something to your destination. Can you give an example situation?

In general, you can send a notification to MII and use the Pause function to hold off processing. But again, why?

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

thanks for the reply.

no I don't want want to use the pause .

actually i think I was not understandable. I am trying to explain the scenario again.

actually I want to get a Notification after checking a fixed time checking by PCO.

As PCO check the threshold(provided in trigger expression), and when the tag value reaches the threshold it generates a notification.I want that notification after checking say 5 min or 10 min as stated and the condition will be like that if the tag value reaches the threshold and it will beyond the threshold for 5 min or 10 min then PCO sends a notification.

logically it is possible in MII, but is it possible by using PCO configuration?

could I configure this verification in PCO anyhow?

thanks and regards,

Suman

Edited by: sumanm on Mar 21, 2011 2:28 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suman,

Ok, I believe I understand your situation now. I have never done it but you should review the [date/time |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_pco21/helpdata/en/42/3550f08e2e444ea4d24a5e12bbfe54/content.htm]functions in PCo. You could try it with a complex trigger expression using the "if" expression, and then using the date or other time based functions in the condition part. However, since PCo doesn't store variables you wouldn't really be able to compare +-5 minutes. Even if you use the different trigger types I am not sure how you would be able to keep track of the baseline time (via minuteCtr) and compare it with future values (if threshold reached and minuteCtr==5).

What some customers implement is a notification of the initial event to MII and then have an MII transaction run a query on the tag to monitor there. If the tag gets out of control they can alert via dashboard screen or email to a shop floor operator.

Regards,

Kevin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

Sorry for late reply.

yah its true that creating variable in PCo in not possible.I tried that.and without variable I think there is no chance to hold the previous time.

in that way its not done.

is there any other way to do this ?

thanks,

Suman.