cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sandbox system in NWDI landscape

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are implementing a three tier NWDI landscape. There is also some development in the sandbox as well. Would it be a good idea to create a seperate NWDI for the sandbox environment so that none of the changes are included in the NWDI landscape of DEV --> TEST --> PROD? Otherwise will it make a difference if our developers are coding on their local machines?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ftoobe ,

welcome to SDN,

to be honest - I don't see any reason to have a 3 tier NWDi landscape at all... even 2 tier is for me pure luxury.

Why to you want to have such a landscape?

The NWDI is a infrastructure server. One NWDI server can handle several multi tiered development landscapes. We are running one porduction NWDI here as shared service witch almost 30 tracks 70 developers and maybe 30 or 40 runtimesystems connected. No problems. A nwdi test system would be nice but its to expensive in the long term for me...

So long

Jan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Jan for your response. So in essence, 1 NWDI server for all four systems (SBX, DEV, QA, PRD) will suffice?

shreyas_pandya
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ftoobe,

Jan is absolutely correct, NWDI acts as a centralized cockpit for your multi-tiered development landscape.

You can have a single NWDI instance for maintaining your production pipe-lines.

Regards,

Shreyas Pandya

Answers (0)