cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Validation for Project Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement where in we need to prevent users from using a particular "Project Profile". So we wrote a validation and tied it to the project profiles. This will kick in automatically only when we save the project. But by then users would have come way far. So is there a standard way to trigger the validation (automatically) when a project is being created. Kindly advice.

Regards

Sreekanth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member214674
Contributor
0 Kudos

What I uderstood from your question is that you want to trigger a validation at the time when user select the project profile?

If yes, then answer is no. Because projecrt validations triggers at the time of save only

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, my requirement is to stop all the users from using a particular project profile. And this stop needs to be put as early as possible from the time of project create and not to wait till the user reaches the point of Save.

Regards

Sreekanth

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

may be you can try by creating a "z" authorization object and control it by project profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the Project Profile is not to be used by any of the user then why are you having the Project Profile in the first place?why cant that be deleted?

Have i misunderstood your requirement?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

First you say this,

Yes, my requirement is to stop all the users from using a particular project profile.

If you want to prevent all the users from using this said Project Profile why do you want to have it in the first place. I agree with what Mr. Singh has to say.

And then you say,

And this stop needs to be put as early as possible from the time of project create and not to wait till the user reaches the point of Save.

What i understand from the above statement is that the project profile will be used to create projects and validation has to happen before the project is saved. This is not possible in std SAP. Validations are triggered only at the time of saving the project.

Don't you think you are making contradicting statements at the same time?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is the requirement to prevent ALL users from using a particular project profile or to prevent SPECIFIC users from using a particular project profile?

Thanks and Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't think Validations can be triggered autoamtically i.e when a project is being created. They are triggered only when a project is saved and that too when you have ticked the check box for Automatic Validation in the Project Profile.