cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Modifying APO Data Views

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I need to change an APO data view from 26 weeks to 52 weeks. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

Steve

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

aparna_ranganathan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Steve

The change is very simple , but the impact of the change is not.

To change the data view from 26 to 52 weeks , all you have to do is go to the planning book (/n/sapapo/sdp8B) choose the data view and change the time bucket profile for the future from 26 to 52 weeks - before doing this you obviously have to create a time bucket profile with periodictiy weeks (W) and number of weeks =52 (/n/sapapo/tr32).

After doing this you will be able to view the data for 52 weeks in future. But you revisit all your macros since all the macros will be impacted. Also you need to check your initialization horizon (in planning area) . Not sure if you are going to make this change in DP or SNP. If it is in SNP planning book ,then you have to modify your forecast release job to release data for 52 weeks.

These are the points i can think of. My suggestion to you would be to check this scenario in your development and test systems before implementing it in production

Thanks

Aparna

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aparna and Rishi

You're awesome! Thanks for taking the time to share your expertise.

Steve

Former Member
0 Kudos

Steve

In addition to the points Aparna mentioned, consider changes to program background variants - planning area initialize is one that comes to mind. You may or may not need to modify these.

Rishi Menon