Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help on Button enhancement

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need your help to understand how to enhance an event. I'm working with SAP SRM 7.0 and I need to add some functionality to the "SAVE" botton of the "Create contact person" of a provider Web Dynpro.

Following the contextual help of the web dynpro for the "Save" button I found that points to FPM_OIF_COMPONENT component, FPM_WINDOW window, CNR_VIEW view and /SAPSRM/WDACC_I_FPM_OIF_EMPBD configuration ID.

Now I go to SE80 and open the Component configurator for /SAPSRM/WDACC_I_FPM_OIF_EMPBD --> Display, and I can see the layout with the "SAVE" button. Looking at the technical info for the "SAVE" button, it points to FPM_CFG_TOOLBAR component, TOOLBAR_TOP_PREVIEW view, V_OIF_MAIN_SCREEN view and C250B1F43915E5A454ADBF1A138B8D2E configuration ID.

But I'm lost because I don't know where to search the code of the FPM_SAVE implementation.

Please, can you tell me what I'm doing wrong or missing? I'm stuck with it. Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Jordi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure how it is in SRM system. I do not have access to this SRM.

Normally in FPM, i would see the UIBB and find out the wda component involved and go to the Process_event method.

In this method save event is handled. So this could be the place to enhance.

The same goes when it is GUIBB, in that case you need to find the feeder class, process_event method.

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Great!

Thanks to your help I found the enhancement point, but I also need some data from the Web Dynpro. How can I ask for the Web Dynpro fields from the process event?

Regards,

Jordi

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I ask for the Web Dynpro fields from the process event?

i think you should be able to get the data from the context node in the component controller.

former_member276384
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Baskaran,

I worked with Web Dynpro before, but not with FPM and I don't know well how to read the context of another view from the enhancement of the process_Event method. Is there any way to identify the view and context node?

Thanks for your help.

Jordi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Probably we misunderstand each other. You cannot read other views data from one component unless that views data are interface node.

find out if there is any where in Shared component is used. if then you can enhance there otherwise find out the component which is the data provider, you can enhance there to trigger a event with data object. Subscribe to this event in your component (data receiver ) and get the data from the event object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have the same kind of problem for Web Dynpro ABAP enhancement for the SRM 7.0 Upgrade Project. In my case its actually the "Accept Button". I managed to get to the UIBB (1) Component Name: /SAPSRM/WDC_UI_QTE_CA_GI and then look for Process Event method in the Component Controller. I need to bring a pop up as part of my enhancement to the Accept Button Functionality. But I do not see any code in the method. The Accept Button should have functionality defined by SAP. I am not sure where am I supposed to put the code for Pop Up. Please suggest a solution. Thank you.

Manoj Nachimuthu

Answers (0)