cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete an investment profile from WBS element with system status SETC

0 Kudos

Hello all,

We have a project that has investment profile attached to one of the WBS elements. We realised that we do no want that WBS element to be an investment profile. While trying to delete the investment profile it gave us 'Enter a valid value for the settlement type' message. no KD199.

Diagnosis

The system found a settlement type settlement type in the settlement rule which either does not exist or is unsuitable for the sender.

Procedure

If possible, enter a suitable settlement rule. Remember that the rules for preliminary settlement ("PRE") of capital investment measures are different from those for period settlement ("PER") of other settlement senders. Periodic settlement only makes sense for capital investment measures. They must not have any "PER" rules.

To enter an investment profile (in the control data for an order or WBS element) or to remove it. However, first delete the PER or PRE rules (in the settlement rule) and er zu in internal orders, you can first change the investment profile and then adapt the rules before you save.

When we try to go to the settlement rules page for that WBS element (Edit-> Costs -> Settlement Rule),we do not see any rules in the CHANGE mode. However, if we go to the DISPLAy mode in CJ20n and follow(Edit-> Costs -> Settlement Rule) we see the distribution rules. I think they were generated automatically. Since, we only see them in the display mode we cannot really make any changes to that.

Any kind of help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Krupali

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you attach investment profile to a WBSE and release it then system will automatically generate an AuC.

please check it..

0 Kudos

The system status for that WBS element is CRTD SETC. It was never set to REL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's Easy then.. No Auc created. System will not allwo to remove the Inv.profile from WBS. So create a new dummy Inv. profile and assign to WBS.

What are you trying to achieve here?

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please refer the following sap notes..

hope it helps..

0 Kudos

WHy do I need to create a dummy investment profile when I am trying to remove one? And the system tells me that I can delete the investment profile by changing the settlment rule. However, I do not see the settlement rules in the change mode for me to delete them. Trying to find out a way to delete the rules that I see only in display mode, which will eventually allow me to delete the investment profile

0 Kudos

Created a ticket with SAP. They asked to use the note 549380 and it worked. Also, we were given the report Z_SR_DEL to run for deleting existing settlement rules. The solution worked.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may please create a dummy Investment profile ( no AuC) and assign to the same WBS