Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get Employee id from SRM user id and viceversa

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All

I need to get the Employee id from SRM user id and viceversa. Please let me know any FM or table is available. I have searched but not able to get any FM or table name.

Is the Business partner id is same as Employee id in SRM? Please tell me what is the Business partner id. Not able to see tables PA* (like PA0001..) in SRM server.

Vinoth

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ricardo_cavedini
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

User name is not the same thing as business partner. In order to be able to use SRM system, user should be integrated within an organizational strucutre and it has also to have a business partner assigned.

Check if FM BP_CENTRALPERSON_GET fits to your issue.

Regards,

Ricardo

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply Ricardo. So there is no concept of Employee id in SRM for a user?

Can you tell the exact use of Business partner id. Thank you

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am guessing, in your case the employee id is same as SRM user id.

While creating a business partner for the user id (employee ID)

use the external numbering and create the business partner with the employee ID.

then BP number = Employee ID = User ID

Thanks

former_member183819
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

this is a SRM Central concept in SAP SRM netweaver application.

any one wanted to business functionality and he/she must be Business partner at any cost

like REQUESTER, Purchaser , administartor, vendor , bidder .

So this business partners are created by using organisation structure concept.

you may have user id and roles tooo but if you are not integrated to organisation structure ( i.e no bp created for your user) you can not perform any purchasing function from portal.

Muthuraman

former_member183917
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Muthuraman

I understand. In my case, client is maintaining a attribute called 'ZEID' (Employee id) under Attributes of each position level in PPOMA_BBP. Using FM: BBP_READ_ATTRIBUTES, i am reading this employee id by giving SRM user id.

Now in some cases, i will have only this Employee id (ZEID) and how can i read the corresponding position or the user id. Any FM is available. Please provide your inputs.

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Attributes are stored in table HTT1222.

In this case one of the option is to create custom function module with this sample code:

CONCATENATE '%' lv_sql_cc '%' INTO lv_sql_cc.
      CONDENSE lv_sql_cc.

SELECT SINGLE *
      INTO ls_hr1222
      FROM hrv1222ot
      WHERE plvar  = '01'  AND
            istat  = '1'   AND
            attrib = 'ZEID' AND
            begda  <= sy-datum AND
            endda  >= sy-datum AND
            low    LIKE lv_sql_cc.

HRV1222OT is a table view and lv_sql_cc is your ZEID value. I used "like" statement because in LOW column system stores variable like this "DSRCLNT010\<variable>".

Regards,

Marcin

Answers (0)