cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to diffrentiate between qualitative & quantitative char. in PLMK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to extract qualitative & quantitative characteristics separately for a inspection plan from

table PLMK, But don't find any field in this table which indicates whether a characteristics is quantitative or qualitative.

I could only find one field "control indicator" in PLMK related to it, but it has values in string form " x xx xxxx "

Can anyone help me in solving this issue ..

Thnx

Anshul Agarwal

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have the correct field. The first position of the string of characters indicates a quantitative characteristic (X), or qualitative (null first character). Each character in that field relates to a different control indicator.

FF

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi FF,

Thanks a ton for your guidance. Can u please tell me how you broke down that string so that I can also do the same incase I need

extraction of data based on other control indicators in future.

Regards

Anshul Agarwal

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's a time consuming process. I created one MIC. Then I used SE16 to display QPLK, QPMK? (mic table, I can't check right now) and I displayed the field. I then changed the control indicators one by one and after each change, refreshed the SE16 screen to see what changed in the field.

A good exercise for a rainy day.

I have the mapping in a file somewhere. It might take me a while to dig it out. Maybe I can post it here somewhere sometime soon.

FF

0 Kudos

Is there now any fancy way to brake down this string of control indicators? I tried to divide every element as a new row in excel, but this is different between quan and qual mics so I can't be sure it works. Its a long process to test it... I don't know why they didn't make the table for control indicators only yet...

And is there now a easier way to differenciate QUAN from QUAL mics, rather than writing a custom program to go through the string?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Through PLMK I a not sure but

Check following thread--->

check bapi

BAPI_INSPCHAR_GETRESULT