SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the status symbol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have mapped the scenario for Rebate under other receivables.The datas are flowing properly but my problem is at the time of billing we are doing the billing with gross Amount & at the time of collection we are collecting the amount after deduction of Amount agaiinst Rebate.In this case the remaining Amount shown as Outstanding in open item & after making thr posting against rebate by using the T-Code FPE1.The posting are going perfect but the status from open item show in both the cases has not changed.

Please provide me the solution for the same.

Thanks,

Biswajit

Edited by: Biswajit Sahoo. on Mar 17, 2011 1:43 PM

4 REPLIES 4

AmlanBanerjee
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

I think the account maintainenace is not happening during the invocing and hence the rebate amount that you are posting is not getting cleared.

You need to maintain the the main transaction that you are using for posting the rebate in the following SPRO path-

IMG->SAP Utilities-Invoicing->Invoice Processing->Item Selection in invoicing->Item Selection in Account Maintainenace\Define Sub Items.

Choose the Billing Settlement Types and click on the "Item Selection for Account Maintainenace" to maintain the main transaction.

Hope it helps....

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

Dear Amlan,

Tnks for your response ,my problem has not solved yet.Let me explain:- As per my scenario Suppose the biiling amount is Rs.10000/- with 2% Rebate.If the Business Partner is making me the payment in time we have to give 2% Rebate so my Net Amount will be Rs9800/-.After completion of my billing if I check in FPL9 then the status of bill shown in Yellow.After collection through Cash Desk the Net Amount against the Billing & Collection both converted in to Green status.The remaining Amount shown as Yellow which is the amount of rebate.It's also shown in yellow but after posting the transaction through FPE1,one Credit Entry generates against rebate ,the entries are going through appropriate G/L but the status remains Red i.e Credit Open Symbol.

Thanks,

Biswajit Sahoo.

0 Kudos

Hi Biswajit,

When you post a credit entrry, the symbol of the credit entry is a red symbol only. It is a SAP standard convention of representing a credit item in the account balance display screen.

You will see the similar sign, when you are posting a payment more than the due amount and the residual payment is sitting as a payment on the account.

These are very basic concepts. I would recommend you to go thru help.sap.com for these basic concepts.

However, the credit entry that you are posting is not clearing the rebate dr amount.

There are two ways to clear the same-

(a) Thru Account maintainenace (FP06)

(b) Thru Automatic clearing (FPMA)

Once you perform either of the two proceses, the status will change to green.

Hope it clarifies...............

Thanks,

Amlan

0 Kudos

First of all please start using the technical terms like open item or cleared item or reversed instead of Green or red , as it is more understandable instead .

Secondly looking at your post it looks evident that you need to explore the fucntionality of account maintainece ( simple words knocking off of debit and credit in customer account )

FP06 or FPMA are T codes to do the same , kindly go through the litrature and explore .

Revert back with your technical queries on the subject matter .

Please refer the below link for details.

[http://help.sap.com/saphelp_utilities472/helpdata/en/ca/07723521faee41e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm]

Cheers ,

Dewang

Edited by: Dewang Trivedi on Mar 19, 2011 8:33 AM