cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Material with deletion flag at WM cycle count

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Could an of You pls tell me how to stop materials flagged for deletion (in WM) to be counted during inventory?

Even though the material is flagged for deletion, still could be manually added to inventory document, record counting, and the whole inventory procedure finished - in WM , only at MM booking the system messge is available.

I have found no note, exit etc to handle this.

Answers will be apprecited

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you think of it your material is flagged for deletion at a plant level not at a warehouse level, that is why the is no check in WM an your check is in MM.

What you can is, run T-code LX02 and populate your warehouse only and get your dynamic selection and pull material and

check in which bins is that material sitting and before counting block those Bins.

Silas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silas,

thank You for answering, but never mind which level I set the deletion flag at - this will never give a proper message during the WM inventory count: the material still could be added manually to inventory sheet during counting, and clearence id to be done both WM and MM.

I have also checked the messages related to material status - this do not help eighter.

I am a kind of doubting thomas: do not believe there is no standard solution for this, not even a user exit to activate.

Do You have any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The message that your getting is it an error or warning message?

pls give time the number of the message eg 00 06 23XX.

Thanks

Silas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi lovagszent,

It's true, that you cannot and you don't have any workaround (at least that I know). The same happens with material status Inactive (9) and so on!

The only purpose of my reply is to challenge your process: Why do you have stock of materials flagged for deletion?

This doesn't sound very lean to me! If they are obsolete you should create a status for that and flag it as so.

Best Regards,

André Costa

Edited by: André Costa on Mar 25, 2011 11:35 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

thank You for answering - I have not said I had stock on material flagged for deletion. But we change the material number rather frequently, and the new number - similar to an old one, but the last two digit is different - such as - old 01, new 02.

The whs guys in lots of cases only check the main body of the identification number and not the endings; so they write down the old material no. onto the inventory sheet as a found one - an from that point, the whole inventory in WM could be done.

I could only set a new list to check the counted materials on inventory sheet - including deletion flag mark and material status - need to be checked before the booking.

But this is not really proper. Any other idea?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lovagszent,

How is exactly your process? Don't you give them a blind list with the material codes that need to be counted?

Can you have stock from different versions (e.g. 01, 02 and 03) ?

How do you book the stock taking? Via LI11N?

Best regards,

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

sorry for late respond, and many thanks for investigating into this issue.

Acutally th original document does not have the old items (with deletion flag), bec they have no stock and also above the deletion flag mark, they have system status - for inacive.

But during the count they might find a new item - means in this case: mixing up the numbers - and this new item could be registrated later at LI11N.

So I invented a new report, to check if there is any item in an inventory sheet with deletion mark, and this list is about to be checked after the counting.

Any idea to handle in a more accurate way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Silas,

Many thanks for investigating into this issue and sorry for late respond.

Actually I had no message, so I have tried to add M7 / 092 into OMCQ - to be an error message, refer to material status (which means I have to set "inactive" status along with deletion flag) - but it can not work due to Inventory B - is used for another statuses (Ex. obsolite, where we do have stock which could be counted during inventory but no other goods movements are allowed.) So M7 /092 could not be an error, but warning message - which is better than nothing, but not the proper solution in my case.

Any idea how to keep going?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Don't you have an engineering department or someone responsible to set up the material status?

Use status "Run-out status" for materials that you no longer use but there is stock for it. Turn into obsolete when you run-out of stock.

The people posting with LI11N should know that when you get an error/warning message they should dig about that and confirm the material found.

Preparation for stock taking is a very important part in the all process. I think your newly created reported is a great tool but it should be used before the inventory and not after. Having material that is not used anymore is a process problem of day-to-day activities and should be corrected. (Of course it happens everywhere, but some effort in minimize the occurrence should be undertaken).

Best Regards,

André Costa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

thank You for investigating, I am still looking for a SAP-solution.

Br

Answers (0)