cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XI.Timeout

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a synchronous webservice (external system > PI > SAP), and due to the volume of data get timeout issue. I have tried adding XI.Timeout to the sender soap adapter communication channel and set to 5 minutes (300000ms) but it has no affect and still times out after 60 seconds.

If I update the max processing time in smicm then this resolves the issue, but I thought I could specify this on the webservice via XI.Timeout - is that correct?. Or is there another XI.parameter that I need to set on the communication channel?

Using PI 7.0 SP15.

Interestingly if I set the XI.Timeout to a low value, it does time out quicker, so it makes my think the timeout is happening at a different point.

I have looked at the 'How To... Investigate Timeouts In Synchronous XI/PI Scenarios' document - but would like some specific advice.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

0 Kudos

Hi Trig,

Increase the values (TIMEOUT AND PROCTIMEOUT) as seen below example for the R/3 parameters (via SMICM):

First increase the parameter "icm/keep_alive_timeout":

old value: <your_old_value>

new value: 900

You will also see the parameters where PROT=HTTP. Change the values here too similar to as seen below:

icm/server_port_0

old value: PROT=HTTP,PORT=<your_port>,HOST=<your_host>

,TIMEOUT=<your_old_value>, PROCTIMEOUT=<your_old_value>

new value: PROT=HTTP,PORT=<your_port>,HOST=<your_host>

,TIMEOUT=900,PROCTIMEOUT=900

icm/server_port_<n>

old value: PORT=<your_port_value>,PROT=HTTP

new value: PORT=<your_port_value>,PROT=HTTP,TIMEOUT=900

,PROCTIMEOUT=900

Also, change the icm/host_name_full to full qualified host name.

You could also take a look into these notes:

#824554 - ICM and SAP Web Dispatcher Timeout Parameter

Afterwards, restart the system for the new values to take effect.

Regards,

Caio Cagnani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Do you know if can specify the timeout specifically for one webservice rather than all the system settings?

Is this what XI.Timeout is supposed to do? (but I can't get it to solve the problem)

aashish_sinha
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check if You can increase this value by setting parameter XI.Timeout in the module parameter table of

the SOAP adapter. The value must be given in milliseconds. For example, value 600000

represents the timeout value of 10 minutes. This parameter is not recognized in systems prior to SP13.

Also Check out the proxy server details mentioned in SOAP adapter ... Possible to have a network problem/Proxy.

Regards

Aashish Sinha

naveen_chichili
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI,

THere is a parameter icm/server_port_0 in RZ11 tcode and increase the proc time int he parameter .So that u will not get timeout.

As per my knowledge if you change the parameter it will apply for all scenarios and not for a specific scenario.

CHEERS!!!

Naveen.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> I have a synchronous webservice (external system > PI > SAP), and due to the volume of data get timeout issue. I have tried adding XI.Timeout to the sender soap adapter communication channel and set to 5 minutes (300000ms) but it has no affect and still times out after 60 seconds.

try to restart the SOAP service and check again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

No change still times out after 60s even though XI.Timeout set to 300000.

60s is set in smicm against Max. Processing Time and increasing this stops the timeout but shouldn't setting XI.Timeout do this?

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

has the message entered PI IE?

In that case HTTP time out parameter in SXMB_ADM should also be set.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The message has reached SAP where it is doing the data extraction.

and HTTP_TIMEOUT already set to 900.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Trig,

by looking at the information you have provided its confirm that SAP is taking long time to process the data and send response.. in that case I will suggest you to take payload and test your proxy or inbound RFC whichever you have on SAP side and try to investigate why it is taking long time..

and to investigate timeout following is the best link..

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/c059d583-a551-2c10-e095-eb5d95e03...

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply.

I know why it is taking a long time, this is due to the volume of data but this has been optimised.

I wanted to know why XI.Timeout does not stop the timeout issue but changing Max. Processing Time in smicm does?