Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Substitution for Person responsible

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to add a substitution step in an already existing rule. I want to substitute the field PROJ-VERNR Person Responsible. My logic is like if Prerequisite Company Code = X Person responsible is 1000, if Company Code = Y Person responsible is 2000 and if Company Code = Z then Person responsible is 3000.

Can I define all these in a single step? Or I need to create three different steps.

Regards,

Suman

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks closing defined in three steps.

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

former_member299514
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Cannot get you. can you give me the steps. Because whenever I am trying to add fields for Substitution it allows one at a time I cannot repeat field selection in OPSN.

So I cannot define in a single step like if Company Code = X OR Company Code = Y OR Company Code = Z

Substitution: Person Responsible =1000

Person Responsible = 2000

Person Responsible = 3000.

May be this is not logical aso and neither can I find the Field VERNR second time even if I try to add fields. I can add different fields offcourse.

I decide to define in three steps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you mentioned is correct, It will not allow you to select the same field again, Using multiple steps is definately an easy solution. However the other solution is to use User Exit here. Code can be written to get the same in single step.

BR

Anjali

former_member230675
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One Substitution with 3 steps, all in one time... or one substitution with 1 step with exit...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would suggest you to go for 3 steps as you mentioned earlier. Its easy and you won't have to bother much.