Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 Identification Numbers to 1 Business Partner in Solution Manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anyone help me on this:

I have setup a solution manager with one ECC satellite system.

The user created in ECCstellite system, let call it USER_A, is assigned to business partner 123 in Solman.

When USER_A create the service desk from ECC, it will be captured into Solman under business partner 123.

What should I do to let USER_A to access all his issues captured in solmn through the web?

Please advice.

What I have tried to do is to create a user ID "USER_A" and assign it to the same business partner 123.

This is done by inserting the USER_A with different ID number in 123 business partner.

Is this the right approach?

I have also try to create another user ID, USER_B, and tie to business partner 123.

In this case, it is not working as per the approach mentioned above.

Please advice.

Regards,

Cheah

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

As per your writings i could say you are trying to access the service desk message via web.

you have to activate webdynpro applications in SICF, please check the blog

[|]

this helps you to access the servicedesk by workcenters.

The following work center roles will be required to access the same.

SAP_SMWORK_BASIC

SAP_SMWORK_INCIDENT_MAN

and check the below sap notes

1072324 HTTP Connect and SAP Solution Manager

1160651 Work Centers: How to Customize (Solution Manager)

1155893 Work Centers: Incident Management HTTP instead of HTTPS

Thanks,

Jansi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Jansi.

I managed to create a user ID "USER_A" in ECC satellite system.

This user ID is linked to a business partner "A" in Solman.

With this USER_A is able to create service desk message from satellite system ECC and let it captured in Solman.

In the same time, I have also created a user "USER_B" in Solman.

I have also tied this USER_B to the business prtner A in solman.

I did this by the following steps:

1. Create user ID in solman: USER_B

2. Assigned USER_B to business partner A (through t-code BP, and Identification tab)

3. Generate business partner for USER_B (in solution_manager, create business partner, by selcting USER_B from solman system)

By doing this, the user can log issue into solman from ECC satellite system suing USER_A ID.

And then view the issue status under business artner A through the web, user USER_B ID.

However, I have create anothe user ID in solman and assigned to the partner A through the same steps, then I will have problem letting both user in solman to see the issue created uder partner A.

I can only allow either one of the user ID in solman to do that.

Do you have any idea how this work?

Regards,

Cheah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheah,

The question is not very clear to me, However from the way that I understand, are you trying to use work center? Have you explored all option like assigning employee role, or CRM external identifiers in Business partner etc.

Regards,

Sneha Vyas.