Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Download Manager exe: " is not a valid win32 application"

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I just cannot find any solution this issue.

I downloaded from the SDN the SAP Solution Manager (exe File) to a 64 bit machine.

But when I double click the EXE-File to start the installation I get the following error message:

....exe is not a valid win32 application.

The machine is a 64 bit one so I woinder what the win32 is required?

All the solutions I can find are talking about virus etc.. but I do not believe this.

Any feedback?

Best regards

HanseAtik

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> I just cannot find any solution this issue.

>

> I downloaded from the SDN the SAP Solution Manager (exe File) to a 64 bit machine.

>

> But when I double click the EXE-File to start the installation I get the following error message:

>

> ....exe is not a valid win32 application.

>

> The machine is a 64 bit one so I woinder what the win32 is required?

>

> All the solutions I can find are talking about virus etc.. but I do not believe this.

>

> Any feedback?

>

> Best regards

> HanseAtik

Are you installing solution manager or download manager?

Regards

Siva

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

I mean SAP Download Manager which is just an EXE-File. This exe file to start the installation cannot be started.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This "exe-file" is wrapper to start a Java application because the DM is a pure Java thing.

There may be two issues:

- you don't have a 32bit Java runtime installed

- the downloaded file is currupt

Markus

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before going to install Read this

[https://websmp102.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/002006825000000233132001/]

Thanks

Siva

hanse_atik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes DLM is a java application but normaly it should be installed via the exe file. This is what I wonder.

I just did the following:

Manual installation

Download the Download Manager Java Archive (958 KB).

Copy it to a directory where it can permanently reside:

Open a shell ("command prompt") and change directory (type: cd 'the directory name') to the directory to which the Download Manager Java Archive was copied.

At the prompt, type: java -classpath "DLManager.jar" dlmanager.Application

The Download Manager application starts up

And it works now by this means it be started.

But I wish to install it and be also listed under the installed programs.

Anyway I can live with this now

Thanks

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> yes DLM is a java application but normaly it should be installed via the exe file. This is what I wonder.

Did you try to re-download the file?

Markus

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've not had this happen with any SAP files, but I have had it happen with some file downloads from other vendors that use a similar download utility. In each case, the file download was not actually completed fully, even though the application indicated that it was. It might be worth checking to see if the file has been completely downloaded.

In one case, it supposedly downloaded to a temp location - but was actually only held in memory, and the file in th temp folder was only a couple of bytes. It was a while ago, and I think it turned out to be a permission issue.

It's also probably worth checking to make sure that the file extension is correct / not assigned to an inappropriate utility.