cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install oracle patch 10.2.0.2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have installed Oracle Database 10g Enterprise Edition Release 10.2.0.1.0 into windows server 2003. Now I need to install the patch ORACLE 10.2.0.2. But when I am trying to connect to the db instance to shut it down it's showing TNS protocol adapter error. I have to install the patch and then I will install ECC 6.0 on it.

Please help.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

just install oracle patch 10.2.0.2 with opatch utility.

DB will be created during SAP installation, so you can't stop DB, because it does not exist.

Edited by: Aleh Mikhniuk on Mar 17, 2011 10:40 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Then there is no need to stop it ok?.........should I stop the services related to ORACLE?............and I will be installing the patch through the installer that is given by the patch..............am I right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oracle Listener is started now and you not need to stop this service. Just install Oracle patch.

Also check https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/839187 and related sapnotes.

Edited by: Aleh Mikhniuk on Mar 17, 2011 10:51 AM

sivakumar_kilari3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> Sir,

> Then there is no need to stop it ok?.........should I stop the services related to ORACLE?............and I will be installing the patch through the installer that is given by the patch..............am I right?

No need to stop.

You follow read.html file. All installation Instructions is there.

Thanks

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Souvik,

>Then there is no need to stop it ok?.........should I stop the services related to ORACLE?............and I will be installing the patch through the installer that is given by the patch..............am I right?

Yes you are right.

In windows server initially you have to install ORACLE, before you start sap installation.As a result the database structure is created along with the services.

In order to apply the DB patches you have to stop the ORACLE services and LISTENER service.Then you can proceed with ORACLE patch installation through RUNINSTALLER.

Regards

Dusmanta

Answers (0)