cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

" Steps to create a universe from R/3 "

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends ,

Can any one let me know the steps to create a universe from R/3 .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ANSWERED

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you must install Enchancement Pack 4 on your SAP ERP system in order to be able to build a universe based on an infoset query.

If you do not have EHP 4 (not sure if it is officially released yet) you can only use Crystal Reports to report directly on SAP R/3 tables.

You will need to SAP BusinessObjects Solution kit (a.k.a SAP integration Kit) to be able to access OLAP cubes from the SAP BW via universes.

R3 data cannot be accessed via Webi, only if you go directly againt the database hosting the R3 tables (there will be thousands of tables though I believe).

I would think Crystal Reports is passing a SQL statement to the SAP R3 database and a universe could be built to re-create that SQL statement. Such a universe would be really hard to build (I should know - I build Oracle E-Business Suite universes all day), but not impossible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Today the Access to R3 Data via the application layer is not supported.

There is an Prototype of a Driver for the access. This feature is in planning and will probably come with a BI 4.x version.

At this time, as alreeady mentioned, the only way is the direct access to underlying DB.

Then you run in several issues with accessing Cluster Tables etc.

Hope this helps.

BR,

Tobias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please refer to the pdf in the link below:

http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir3/en/xi3_sap_olap_universes_en.pdf

It includes not only the required steps but recommendations and explanations too.

Regards,

Mark