cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC lookups

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

need to change external material number into the SAP material number in file to idoc scnerio.

Can i use RFC lookups for this or need abap development.

I never used RFC lookup,Please provide any link from where i can understand how to use it.

Regards

Mohit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit ,

After importing your RFC , follow this link steps for Message Mapping

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/8661] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

In Operation Mapping click on Parameters and defined in Message mapping,then click on Binding and assign the message mapping parameters and Bind it

Now in Integration Directory

If your Receiver system has RFC channel use it else create a Receiver Channel for RFC as follows

Adapter Type = RFC

Transport Protocol = RFC

Message Protocol = RFC (RFC xml)

Give your RFC Client Parameters

Under Interface Determination assign the Operation Mapping parameters to created RFC Receiver communication channel .

This will surely help you as I had same scenario and it worked successfully

Thanks

Karthik

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Please find the details..

We use RFClookup if you want to get any perticuler value from R/3 at mapping runtime..

Your scenario is File to IDOC and at the time of mmaping if you want to get some field value from RFC you can do that by using RFCLookup for this following are the steps:

In mapping use RFCLookup function which is available under conversions. And pass input value from input field to it.. and map output to output field..

to do this you need to carry certain steps.. in Opertion mapping and need to create one RFC receiver communication chennl and need to use it in mapping under Signature tab in parameters and opetion mapping also ..

use following link ..

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

then on R/3 side you need to create one RFC with import field similer to input field from mapping and export fields similar to output field in mapping. So the flow will be at runtime during mapping by using RFCReceiver communication channel PI will get valur for field from R/3 and will pass to map field in mapping.. and remaining process will be same as file IDOC..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh ,

thanks for your reply.It is very helpful.

Please confirm me about this:

My data field in PI is ArticleNumber ,I need to change this external number(ArticleNumber ) into the SAP material no which is maintained in table zmaterial. can you explane according to this.

I have not good hand in abap,but i can create function module.

regards

Mohit

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

there is nothing explain,

Bhupesh /Ranga Rajan already provided links, please read it you will understand RFC look up functionality, in your case you have to use that to get SAP Material number.it is very simple

Regards,

Raj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

In my understanding you have field "ArticleNumber" and want to pass it as an input to RFC Lookup then on RFC side you can have this field on import side and write your logic using this field as an import in RFC and on export side use field which you want to send to PI as an output of RFCLookp.. and map that to outfield in PI..

its very simple and easy to build.. still if any questions you can ask..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bhupesh,

thanks for your nice reply.I am trying to implement and ask if needed.

Regards

Mohit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohit,

Thanks.. and one more thing if your problem is resolved then you can close the thread by providing points to good answer and next time if you have any problem you can start new thread also instead of keeping thread open..

Thanks,

Bhupesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try following below links for RFC lookup

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/Snippets/User-definedMappingFunctionforRFC+Lookup

/people/alessandro.guarneri/blog/2006/03/27/sap-xi-lookup-api-the-killer

former_member189387
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

RFC lookup and JDBC lookup:

/people/jin.shin/blog/2008/02/15/sap-pi-71-mapping-enhancements-series-graphical-support-for-jdbc-and-rfc-lookups

/people/shabarish.vijayakumar/blog/2010/01/28/graphical-rfc-lookup-and-how-you-can-design-lookups-for-multiple-values-to-be-retrieved-in-a-single-call

few more

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/33/1ec6ced273493a993a80c2301c03da/content.htm

Regards.,

V.Rangarajan