Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We are upgrading EHP4,What are the scenarios we will check in ECC and APO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

We are upgrading (ECC )EHP4

What are the scenarios we will check in ECC and APO, kindly tell me gurus.

Regards

babu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

???? You test the business processes that YOUR COMPANY has implemented, and are currently using. We couldn't possibly know what should be tested on your system. Ideally, every production business process should be tested.

Realistically, if you can't test everything, then you have to evaluate the risks of the upgrade, using a less rigorous test plan. Most companies in this case test the most critical business processes. In addition, if you are implementing any new functionality, then this should be tested thoroughly as well.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi DB49,

sorry i dont know your name, i want to know In ECC and APO what should i check can you tell me elaborate, for example in APO planning book,planning area, CVC are working or not that i will check... like this in ECC and APO what should i check.

Thanking you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Babu,

We live within a dream. The आत्मन् is real, all else is Illusion. Names are illusion. If DB49 does not suit you, then call me nameless.

Before you even release the software into the test environment, you must perform unit testing. Can every transaction that is used by your company be executed? Does every userexit/enhancement still perform the same task? Does every custom report work the same? All interfaces passing the proper data?

Merely testing the software itself will not give your company any assurance that it will support your business after you go live with it, so after unit testing comes integration testing and user acceptance testing. You must interview Key business users, and from their input you must develop and execute tests for 'business processes'. For example, one common business scenario (which contains many business processes), Order to Cash: Check whether your upgraded systems supports your ability to receive and enter an order, plan the parts, obtain the RM, build the parts ship the order, and book the cash. Or, another Scenario, Procure to Pay: Check if you can plan RM parts, create/release PR, create PO, send PO to Vendor, receive PO in stock, pay invoice, close month for accounting purposes.

These are two major business scenarios in most companies that use ERP. There are hundreds more that can be tested, If you work for a company that cannot afford to have any disruption in their business, then all activities that are normally done by any business user should be tested.

On the SCM side, during an ERP update, you have a smaller task (SAP usually does a good job with backward compatibility with their own modules). BW extractors must be tested. All integration models must be tested. All userexits must be tested. Publishing results/releasing results to ERP must be tested. The list goes on and on depending upon which SCM modules you have implemented.

Regards,

DB49